Phone kit and sat nav for Phaeton V6 petrol

slimmo

Picked up a 12 month old phaeton with less than 8k on the clock from a main audi dealer but no phone kit or sat nav .. does anyone know of an aftermarket that can be fitted ... love the car sold my A8 a while ago and nearly got another one but this was too much car for the money

You can get brand new original VW sat nav kits from www.satnavsystems.com - they fit them for most of the main VW and Audi dealers in London where a customer has ordered a car to a certain spec but the only thing missing from one in their pool is the sat nav. Dealer charges the customer £2.5K+ and SatNavSystems charge the dealer £650. Go figure..!

Speak to Tom once you've found their contact details on the site - very helpful, very professional and cover the whole of the UK.

HTH

beerchug.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of head unit is fitted to your phaeton now could yer post a picture ?

Fitted a phone kit to one today with sat nav(which is the entire control panel including heater controls and everything else)and from what information recieved apparently though the unit has the buttplug describing mute and phone inputs it's only for an american market ?i know this cant be right but anyway an actual vw phone kit is the only answer to get a good fit in such a car,aint found an alternative maybe there is some kinda remote wire or VAG programming involved to activate the phone feature once connected to the relevant pins on the rear ?,i know certain functions appear on newer radio's such as the golf mk 5's once an earth is applied to the mute input but this doesnt work with the pheaton's head unit.