Guess the missing word

dhudd

[ QUOTE ]

Yes your right. Presscott is a town in Canada which has a large seafront, which makes it's lighthouse very hard to spot, hence ''look out for prescott's lighthouse''

<snip>

More info on presscott

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, crossed the bridge, missed the lighthouse...

Are you part of Presscott's Board of Tourism? Or Chamber of Commmerce?

"Invest in Presscott"..."Visit Lovely Presscott - See the Moose"..."RCAF does more than Presscott's"

Danielh seems to have a Prescott fixation, not sure why.

However, the talk of a Canadian lighthouse reminds me of this, which I always quite liked:

[ QUOTE ]

a radio conversation between a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland:

CANADIANS: "Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision."

AMERICANS: "Recommend YOU divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision"

CANADIANS: "Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision"

AMERICANS: "This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course"

CANADIANS: "No, I say again, you divert your course"

AMERICANS: "This is the Aircraft Carrier USS LINCOLN, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied with three Destroyers, three Cruisers and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north. I say again, that's one-five degrees north, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship."

CANADIANS: "We are a lighthouse. Your call."

[/ QUOTE ]

Inevitably, of course, it is Snopes-positive