B7 Egg Removal

Sssline

Fisrt thing I noticed when the B7 came out, my B6 has silver bulbs, but it's a headlight strip for the B7, I did this on my Lexus IS, it's quite a big job and not for the faint of heart, I got a spare set from the dealers for free, they were back under warrenty for fogging up, used a heat gun to melt the glue and pulled them apart, then glued them back together, with the new glue they stopped fogging.

Craig - there should be two dust caps on each headlight. The one with the sidelight and the main beam bulb in is nearest the centre.

There is a metal clip holding on the dust cover - pop it down and pull the dust cover off the back of the headlight unit. Inside there will be a grey mount for the xenon (if you have bi-xenons) which should just pull out. Otherwise, the main beam bulb pulls out by pulling the bulb connector. If you put your finger in, you should be able to feel the sidelight mount above the xenon/main beam.

Get some sharp nose pliers and pull the sidelight mount out - you should be able to replace the bulb and click it back in.

If you want some pics etc i can post some?