Out with the Old and in with the New

jamiey

Loving the new Motor so easy to drive.

It's so quiet it's fabulous, the ride is really smooth (it passes the Edinburgh cobble test) cabin is very well put together (no rattles on the Edinburgh Cobble test).

Only complaint/query is I think the Xenon's have been set for left hand drive as they seem to light up the other side of the road a lot and we got flash about 6 times when we were out...

This is the old websub.jpg

Not sure its the 'best' colour....but it certainly looks very much at home in that streetscape. I think our southern hemisphere cars still look a little out of place in the bright sunshine - not euro enough somehow.

The grey is not an option in the GTI down here but there are plenty of standard golfs running around in the Steel Grey. I think it is very much a favourite Golf colour down under - that and the silver.

Anyway enjoy.

Looks great in 5dr version jamiey 169144-ok.gif . Most Steel Greys on here are 3dr I think....I could be wrong. It's only because the BMW I had for so long was metallic Dolphin Grey that stopped me from choosing Steel Grey because I wanted a change of colour. That Beemer has a very happy owner in Scotland now! He flew down and drove it home!

Mmmm Morgan Aero 8 amazing what a good exhaust can do for a BMW V8.

I like how quiet the volume is as it contrasts well against I can't hear anything other than a Rover K series chugging away behind me...

But then It sounds so much better with the roof off...

[ QUOTE ]

Looks great mate. A quality colour smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!! I was torn between silver, black and steel grey. Dropped the black on account of the upkeep (especially in the Winter!) and then plumped for the grey. Having seen your pics, Andy, I'm very gald I've made that decision. Just have to wait 2 months now for it to materialise!!!! So excited! jump.gif

It's the 4.6 twin Vanos from the 7 series.

As the Aero 8 weights around 800 kg less it gets more chance to lift it's skirts.

I believe BMW said something along the lines that it was one of the best installations of their engine they had seen and also one of the best handling cars their engine was put in.

I do hope they make the Aeromax it looks stunning and the Mini lights work so much better than the crosseyed beetle ones.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just have to wait 2 months now for it to materialise!!!! So excited!

[/ QUOTE ]

....Don't worry, Hand - We'll do everything here we can to make your wait a living hell!! FIREdevil.gif Tee Hee.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the dealer down the road from where I work catches me again sitting in their display model, imagining my favourite back road, I think they're going to take out a restraining order!!

webgolf2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh edinburgh, what a place. This time last year i had an amazing weekend in The Witchery!!!! you car looks sweet Jamie! it's bugging me now... the wait that is. However, i think it would have looked better in black! grin.gif

Si

PS: Mart, you are a sad man, it sounds like you have GTITOUS ! beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

PS: Mart, you are a sad man, it sounds like you have GTITOUS ! beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you have done your medical research mate - you been suffering from it as well! lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Hell, Symptoms include sleepless nights, anxiousness, twitchy paddle finger and a loss of interest with everything else in life! tongue.gif

[quote

Ahh edinburgh, what a place. This time last year i had an amazing weekend in The Witchery!!!! you car looks sweet Jamie! it's bugging me now... the wait that is. However, i think it would have looked better in black! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never actually been to the Witchery as I've heard some very negative comments from friends who have eaten there. The Tower (on top of the Museum of Scotland) or Olorosso (another roof top eatery on Castle St) are fantastic.

I should try to get some more "Edinburgh" Photo's in.

I live next to the Meadows so I'll see if I can get a shot looking down the Meadows toward the castle.

For Telly addicts I live round the courner from where Inspector Rebus lives and the street next to me was in Matchbox Zoo (I've never seen it but the filming was full on with rain machines and loads of Lee Lighting trucks everywhere)

[/ QUOTE ]I've never actually been to the Witchery as I've heard some very negative comments from friends who have eaten there. The Tower (on top of the Museum of Scotland) or Olorosso (another roof top eatery on Castle St) are fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ate at the Museum restaurant, OK but very typical of any Conran style restaurant in London... The Witchery restaurant was amazing mate... 'The Secret Garden, not the other. You should definately try it. The hotel was dare i say, a very theatrical experience UHOH7.GIF, Where else could you sleep in a bed that not only Danni Minnougue has slept in, but which started out it's life as a church organ!

Next time i visit scotland, i'm gonna drive to the highlands. woooaaaahhh!!!!!! 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif