[Audi A3/S3] Hetar Fan Trouble

purple_nurple

A3 3.2 V6 DSG 55 plate 7 weeks old.

Aircon panel lights up and the fan speed adjusts itself when auto is slected, but I can't hear the blowers or feel the breeze from the vents.

Thinkning it could be a fuse or a loose connection. Also thinking the V6 doesn't have much room under the bonnet for tinkering, and there's a pretty good chance the dash'll have to come out. EEK2.GIF

I rang the dealer and they said they'd have a look in the morning but I'd rather not let them near my precious unless I have to. NONO3.GIF

Any advice?

I'm bemused, I just checked the fuses. According to the handbook there are two 40amp fusers, one for the aircon blower in position 22 and one for the heter blower in position 40.

I haven't got a fuse in slot 40, the only 40amp one I have is in 22!

I tried moving the one from 22 to 40 but it didn't fix the problem.

Well let us know just as some background info we've got about five of these at work(they were a good deal on our company car scheme). Anyway one of them has a suspension kncking noise thats its been in for three times but still hasn't been resolved, then theres the one with the fan trouble and then there's mine with a creaking noise from the steering which its going in for soon. What happened to Audi build quality???

confused.gif

Paul

They had it for a couple of hours, rang me at 2.30 yesterday and told me the climate control computer had tripped out. They reset it but the engineer though it might happen again so they wanted to replace it. Part is on order.

So my fan works now, but it has to go back when the new part comes in. It's covered by the warranty. I asked them to pick it up from the office, maybe that wasn't such a good idea!

I gave a bit of praise to the service manager, he did seem to be making the effort for me, giving it a quick diagnostic before the service department opened on Friday morning.

They could have made out like they had fixed it and I'd have been none the wiser unless it tripped out again, but they seem to be doing it properly. (Audi - Bolton btw)

So all in all, it was a bit of a nuisance but I'm still a happy customer.