AMD V's Superchip V's Revo

allanon_1980

[ QUOTE ]

Superchips offer their own warranty within their cost. Will the others pay up if your engine goes bang or ECU fails (which can be more frequent than you would imagine with chipped cars!)

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you engine goes bang SuperChips are going to pay for a new one ?

Wouldn't have though so..... smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

go for one developed with VW and made for the GTI without any additional Brake or suspension mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Developed with VW - doesnt make much difference, Superchips developed theres with VW Racing, but at the end of the day VW will still get funny about warrenty issues.

If you can try to get a trial of a chipped car if you have agents close to you.

AMD and Oettinger are good, but not sure I'd travel all that distance in preferance to Superchips or Revo.

....So right! Local with good afterservice from someone you trust is always best. In the South West, West Tuning at Thruxton impress me. I know some here feel that Superchip are good but the lack of a well equipped rolling road would bother me....It's like they've only got half the equipment and are too generic.

Dont forget that one of the most common things to happen is that the car is running faulty already but in standard tune doesn't show any simptoms. This can happen with dump valves, MAF's, N75's etc etc,a good tuner will be able to diagnose this. They should really check for any fault codes before even cosidering remapping the car. If they dont, walk away.

[ QUOTE ]

Dont forget that one of the most common things to happen is that the car is running faulty already but in standard tune doesn't show any simptoms. This can happen with dump valves, MAF's, N75's etc etc,a good tuner will be able to diagnose this. They should really check for any fault codes before even cosidering remapping the car. If they dont, walk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif