1.8SE 20v turbo 2000

verity

I bought this model a few weeks ago for £4800. Its has 54,000 on the clock and is a very clean car and runs very well. Its under a 3 month warranty so I'm keeping tabs on any faults.I have experienced a momentary lull in power as explained on previous posts and I had to unblock the battery and the other housing of some leaves, as I had some water in the passenger side, but I am sure that something can be put accross this area to stop debris getting in. The service history shows that the cam belt was replaced after 40,000 but is there a way of checking this. Obviously after reading the posts there are hundreds of things that can go wrong. Maf sensor, Throttle body, etc and the Haynes manual does not come out until December so I will have to wait until then before I have some idea where things are.

Thats a decent buy mate for the miles and spec, and as you have read you know there are some common faults. I reckon if you know a handy tech then you can get them to check if the cam belt was done. failing that contact the dealer (if applicable) that did the cam belt and ask to see a copy of the engineers report for the work...they should have it on file. The lapse in power could be due to the MAF as you already know so some simple trial and error testing would sort you out there.

oh and welcome to TSN!