Nicest Policemen... ever!

fjfr

The other day, I was going to my friend's flat in Glasgow, and had been stuck behind the SLOWEST Seat Ibiza ever! Anyway, so sitting at some lights, and you turn right onto a big, straight two lane road (limit = 30), but there arn't any signs & everyone drives faster.

So i'm all ready to go for it & the Ibiza decides to sit in the right hand lane, so I just boost past on the left, ECLIPSe.gif engine screaming, when i passed a police van in traffic on the right. It did a 3 point turn in the road & came after me.. crazy.gif

So I'm debating flooring the car & dissapearing (cos its a van) and then going to hide at my friend's flat carpark, which is off the road & stuff, but i thought that was the worst idea in history, so i slowed down to 30 & then the flashing lights came, and then i stopped thinking suicide.gif

Anyway, they got me out & I was all "I'm sooo sorry" "I wasn't thinking" etc. and all they did was said "Don't worry, everyone does it. Just don't do it here at this time of day. Try the roads up by Loch Lomand, they're really good. Nice car."

They checked out my license & insurance & then just chatted to me for 10 mins about what bars/clubs to go to, where to avoid, what I was doing in Glasgow. Really nice people. 169144-ok.gif

When they left, they told me that a court would have done me for speeding & rekless driving, so 6 points! EEK2.GIF

Anyway, this post was just to say how some (most?) police are actually properly decent people. bowdown.gif

I got pulled over a few weeks ago for been a bit fast round a corner and using all the space on my side of the road but still inside the limit. Saw him a mile off turning around and charging after me.

Copper was nice as pie, spoke to me about all sorts of things and how normally drivers my age are twats. Sent me off on my way and thanked him for showing that not all coppers want to give you three points and £60 fine.