BMW M6 Test Drive today!

NewNiceMrMe

Yup. My dealer rang me yesterday and has just rang in the last few minutes to say they want to know if I'm going in to have a play with the M6 they've got for sale.

Well, you just can't turn these things down can you?

It's their first allocation and the buyer cancelled so it's up for sale at £83k. I won't be buying it (and thats a dead cert if ever there was one) because we have other priorities for the next 12-18 months (moving house next year) but I can't really pass over the chance today.

Oh, it's absolutely pi$$ing it down here and the roads are more like rivers.....so it could be a bit nervy!

I'll be taking my camera so I'll get as many pics as possible and post a review later.

OH MY GOD.

OH WOW.

OH HEAVEN.

OH I WISH I HAD NEVER GONE.

OH HELL.

I very kindly thought you'd all like to hear it so I shot a small video on my Cybershot...the quality of picture is crap, but it's not the picture we're interested in (Photo's will be uploaded in next few minutes).

Turn the volume up boys, turn it up! To my ears, it sounded completely different to the M5!!!!

BMW M6....prior to the test drive......

That sound clip doesn't do it justice either....my ears were actually ringing with the noise.

It is deafening. Ear splitting. Awesome, absolutely awesome.

Anyway, now for some pictures.

I got there 20 minutes early (as you do!!!) and it'd only had it's PDI this morning and the chocks had been taken out but the protective paper/wrapping was still in place when I took these ones. I had to wait a while for them to be taken off and then the car given a quick blast down with a pressure hose.

Then the fun began. But that's for the review section later.

What do I think of it? Well lets just say the wife and I aren't talking.

The colour is Silverstone II, the interior is black, and the presence of the car is quite incredible. That's all I can really say for now because I need to gather my thoughts.

M6L.jpg

M6K.jpg

M6J.jpg

M6I.jpg

M6H.jpg

M6G.jpg

M6F.jpg

M6E.jpg

M6D.jpg

M6C.jpg

M6B.jpg

M6A.jpg

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifheart.gif

[ QUOTE ]

truely! ... were u keeping us waiting on purpose?? EEK2.GIF .. not so keen on tht centre console though.. loooks cheap! sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I think the Aluminium brushed finish would be better... but what the hell... when you have over 500bhp and a V10 under the bonnet... who cares what the interior is like....

Riz jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

true o so very true laugh.gif

one question? .. the steering wheel.. is that a new m6 thing? or is it one for all new bmw's?

[/ QUOTE ]I think its the new design M steering wheel. Most new BMWs might have this design apart from the M functions.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

but wooooahhhhhhhhhhhh what a difference that little button makes

[/ QUOTE ] SAUER0421.GIF i need 2 persuade my dad to rob a bank! lol

[ QUOTE ]

What do I think of it? Well lets just say the wife and I aren't talkin

[/ QUOTE ]

solution: buy the car "for her" but hide the keys and "find" them wenever you need to go out laugh.gifjump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Idea... sell your 6-series and buy a cheap banger...... save the money in a high intrest account and with all the money you`ll save on the running and insurance you might be able to buy the M6?

Riz jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, well.....no I said I wasn't changing and I'm not.....

Nonetheless I've talked to the wife and I've told them I'll ring with answer tomorrow. crazy.gif

I need putting in a mental institution. Hence I'm off out to have a think about it.

Looks great Chris, and I know piccies never really do any car any justice until you see it in the flesh, but the pics give a bloody good idea of the car.

Steering wheel is a nice touch, with M button included. I suppose the M button can be considered something like a Cl1toris?? Brings the car to life a bit when touched?

Only criticism I have is of the amount of Carbon Fibre insdie, I would have to opt for something else....or does it only come with the CF option?

Looking bloody fine though!! 169144-ok.gif

Am sure its a great car and very focused. But I thought you liked cabs more ? yes.

And what happened to having something that was chilled when you want it to be but darn quick the next. confused.gif

Unless you got a another stellar deal, I would say stay with the 645 and think about the costs of the new house. 169144-ok.gif