Adjusting Xenon headlights

nathanuk

A few threads already about badley adjusted xenons so I thought I would try and find out how to adjust them. The attached image is a top-down view of the drivers xenon light. I think but will need to confirm (currently on holiday and got flashed several times on the drive up North) that there are two white recess nuts. The one on the left of this image is marked L-R and the one on the right is marked U-D, presumably left, right, up and down. Has anyone altered these yet? I will be checking with garage early next week and will update this thread accordingly.

post-10058-137914329938_thumb.jpg

Its not that they are badly adjusted, people just flash because they appear brighter than the yellow glow from halogens, either that or they are just jealous. cool.gif

As far as I know you need the VAG Computer connected when you adjust the Xenons so that the on board computer knows where the zero point is. Either that or someone with VAG-COM

could do the same thing.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't often get flashed and I find that a very quick flash from dipped to main burn and back to dipped informs them that I was already on dipped. It seems that mine are well adjusted. If it's a problem isn't it one which the dealer is obliged to adjust correctly?

Mine went in to the stealers to be adjusted last week, they found they were pointing at their highest setting.... starting to feel a bit guilty about all the people who then received a dose of full beem!! Since being reset haven't been flashed once...

I couldn't believe it when the stealer said he wouldn't charge me! I think he took my point that they should have been right in the first place.....!

[ QUOTE ]

Mine only seem to blind people on the left hand side, which is kind of what you'd expect. At first I thought they were out of alignment too but I've since noticed a lot of German cars have the same trait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine were doing that so I moved the internal lever on the drivers side to up, which is supposed to be for left hand drive and haven't had a problem since.

Here is a PDF I created for converting the lights for left hand drive to show you where the lever is. Click to Download