[Audi A3/S3] 1.8 Sport Remapping?

1800sport

mine went from 150BHP spot on to 198 it was £550 at AMD and included a roling road before and after , it was prob 20% more powerfull after and made the world of difference , i never regreted having it done, do searches on this site , it sbeen talked abuot a LOT

The non-turbo's aren't too hot for re-mapping. When remapping Turbo'd cars, they tend to play with the Turbo boost, which is set relatively low on standard 1.8T's. AMD & REVO are the boys for this. Like TomK says, it is discussed a lot here.

As for your non-turbo (as with mine), it is hard to get any remap figures to shout about, as there are limited settings to play with. As a rule of thumb, you would be hard pushed to get anything more than 15% (18bhp) MAX. The few that do remaps for NA cars don't play so much on peak outputs, but talk more about smoothing out flat spots and providing a more constant supply of power. I looked into it when I bought my A3, and was slightly disappointed by the options. I gave the usual suspects like AMD & REVO a call, and neither were very interested. There are a few independants who cater for the NA cars, but good reputations are hard to come by.

On the flip side, have you thought about Superchips? They're not to everyones taste, but for £300(ish) they'll get you a quoted 12% more pony power and more torque. There was a guy on the Tuners/Tuning section a couple of weeks ago raving about the service from Superchips on his A4, have a hunt around in there, or check Superchips Website 169144-ok.gif