Perfomance Mods on Company Car

SmokinJoe

I am about to join the growing army of 2.0TDI golf owners and I'm strongly tempted to 'tamper' with its standard performance.

Now I'm trying to find a way to improve its performance a little, whilst also keeping the car warranty intact and not getting the sack in the process.

I'm guessing that since chip tuning is fairly obvious that this isn't an option, however what about tuning boxes? I've heard varying opinions on how detectable there use is if the car goes in for service (with it removed).

Other options would be an air filter or full induction kit. Would these keep the manufacturer warranty intact?

As I'd be doing these without the changes declaired or insured (standard company insurance policy which can't be changed) would I be an idiot to risk it? smashfreakB.gif Is or has anyone else done anything similair?

Welcome to tyresmoke.

The whole insurance part is easy to sum up - if you do something and dont tell them and are involved in a major accident, they might leave you with an invalid insurance policy, so you end up covering the costs of the resultant claims, court costs, personnal injury compensation, etc,etc - worst case could be your job, house, etc.

Induction kit is pointless - if you do a search on here you will find explanations from tobes49 or rustynuts as to why.

Tuning box will work, but seems a bit of a cheap fix to me.

Obviously as far as warrenty work goes only parts directly affected by a change you make will affect the warrenty.

Hi & welcome 169144-ok.gif

In the (distant crazy.gif ) past when I was on company cars, no way would you get away with modding the car shocked.gif

It's the insurance thing in the first place, but if you read your contracts [employment & car running agreement] you will be in deep sh*t if they find out and deeper sh*t it the is an accident.

I would come clean & have a word with the boss / transport..?

they may agree ??

good luck ooo.gif

Thanks for the responses. I guess the 'better play it safe' approach is what the logically thinking side of my brain was thinking too. Merde.

The non-logically thinking evil FIREdevil.gif half of my brain is now telling me as an alternative to fit my own Xenon kit to it, however I'm guessing that there would be dangers in doing this as well.

I'd sworn that I'd not be stingy and pay for the Xenon option for this car, but 725 quid!!! Get real VW.