what isp help me get back on line !

Tomk

What's a "fail usage policy"? confused.gif

(I am thinking of switching from Tesco 512MB to Plusnet 2MB premium and was curious)

V21 can offer you unlimited 1MB broadband for £19.99 per month, and claim to be able to help you migrate from your current ISP for no charge and with no downtime?

They also offer 2MB for about £27.99 per month, which is beyond your stated budget...

http://www.v21.co.uk/new_index.asp

Cheers

Im currently on PlusNet .. while the service is running they are the greatest service provider ever. But customer service sucks!

There was a problem between them and BT which resulted in my line being disconnected for a week! Caused loads of problems. It takes a good half hour to get through. And when you finally do they continually pass you on to other operators. And in my case they didnt accept any blame and so i had to pay £50 reconnection. Couldnt claim it back. Couldnt be bothered to go to other service provider as i would still have to pay £21.99 on top of the next connection charge because of the lack of notice.

Also when upgrading from 512 to 2MB as an existing customer they were about 3 months behind competitors!

Final note, as far is a know they considered introducing the Fair Usage Policy, but scrapped it on the "roll-out day" i recieved an email ocnfirming this a couple of months back. I can dig it out if necessasy??

O 1 last thing.. i will end honestly, I pay £21.99 for 2MB and no download limit. I think its called 2MB premier or something?

tomk - seriously i am with plusnet on their package at about £20 and have no restrictions - hence the FTP, P2P and various other things running. I have never had a warning email and have gone way past 50gig a month recently too!

Check out which plan you are on as i know my parents are on the cheaper package and do have p2p limits.

[ QUOTE ]

friend is with them and says they are rubbish...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been with Bulldog for nearly 2 years. Was one of the first to have 2mb connection. I have never had any problems with the connection (BT phone line) allthough thier customer service used to be somewhat flakey. Saying that I have recently been onto thier customer service and they have improved a hell of a lot. Sorted my problem out very efectively.

No capping at all and at the moment they are doing up to 8meg connections if available.

Thier 2mb connection is £19.50 for the first 6 months and from then on £24.50. Thier 1meg connection is £14.50 for the first 6 months then £19.50..

I'm not on commision and I don't get anything for referring you to them either. I would only recommend stuff that I would (and do) use myself.

right plusnet say as i was given a warrning as i went over there 'fair usage policy ' and thats dowloading more than 30 gig in 'peak' times.... and am on a 'residential package' ( 21.99 a month ) i cant change to a business product as i have already broken there policy... he said a lot of customers are having this problem but there is nothing they can do but offer the £34.99 a month package for homes use.... i just said fine cancel my package then and i will go with another isp.. so got to find one asap ! advice so far is http://www.v21.co.uk/new_index.asp or bulldog ? sure there are no caps with either of them ? i need 1mb maybe 2 at max

Tom, I'm sure eventually all ISP's will invoke capping of one sort or another. Or else they'll charge you a lot more for an uncapped product. Do you know how long your ADSL will be down for whilst changing over? It used to be about 2 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]

Tried Eclipse Internet www.eclipse.co.uk ?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're all with Eclipse at work, and had no problems with limits. I don't even know how much data I've moved around, but it can't be a small amount as I transfer all sorts of data around on our VPN, and have to download service packs for various bits of software that we use.

I've got a 512k package at mine, and I've installed the 2Mb "flex" package at the other half's.

Cheers

Ben

are you sure you are managing 250Gb per month? The maximum theoretical download for a 1Mb/s connection is 320GB per month? That assumes that you get the full 1Mb/s speed all the time - fairly unlikely given that p2p traffic varies as does network load during the day. If you go onto plus you can print out your usage for the month. If you click the current month header it gives you your usage for the last three months. Also I thought plus had an off peak time between 1 and 7 in the morning ( giving you approx 3GB free each day)so if you subtract that from your figures you should stay inside the allowed use (30 days in an average month x 3GB free allowance = 90GB) that is not counted? I would be very surprised if it was as high as 250GB every month?