A4 2.0T Sline - Any good?

Matto

Hi all,

New to the forum - I've been looking around and it's a mine of useful info!

My question - Any thoughts on the 2.0T Sline. My 2002 1.8T has come to the end of it's lease and it's time to replace it. really like the new A4 and was wondering if any of you guys had a 2.0T? I would be greatful for your comments.

Cheers

I test drove a A4 CVT 2.0T and that was keen to spin it's wheels, also drove a tip 2.0T the best was the Manual 2.0T Quattro it just felt right especially with the 2.0T engine and it felt really good on the road very stable. Sadly I now have to wait until December until mine arrives

I've got a 2.0T quattro. It's a super engine, and for me, that's saying something, since I've had 'V' engined motors for years.

It's smooth and very torque'y from low down. I've only done about 600 miles (from new) so it'll probably get even better. I'm currently seeing approx 29 mpg travelling to work (country lanes - not much traffic). Went on a run last Sunday - mixture of clear motorways and country lanes and the DIS was reporting mid 30s mpg - that'll do me for a petrol. Overall very satisfied. Miss the burble of my past V6's, but that is the only thing lacking.

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

Chris

Oh man, what a question!

It is VERY good. I was comparing the 2.0 TFSI Avant quattro to the 3.2, both s-line, drove them both, and calculated realistic fuel consumption and insurance premiums for both. In my opinion, if you're going to spend that much more for the 3.2 (even though, yes, the burble is lacking from the 2.0), you might as well add some and so straight for an S4...

I've had it for a week (A4 Avant TFSI quattro S-line, quartz silver, Volterra black & grey leather, w/ 18" 5-spoke and pretty much every good option (in-car lighting is for girls!) and I've never been happier! (and hey, i just got married...)

The engine is magnificent, the suspension is just right in my opinion, the... i could carry on... The only thing I hate is the arm-rest and the S-line badges on the sides... Will get them removed next week (not understated enough for my taste!)

Will get back to drivinng...

I also used to own an A3 3.2 Quattro Sline and changed it for an A4 2.0TFSI Quattro S Line, I think the current car s ok and does not quite have the immediate get up and go that the 3.2 had, but saying that I had a run in with an R32 on a privat road of course!! and we were level to some silly speed.

The ESP hardly ever comes on even in the wet so I can only pressume that the car is excellent at planting the power into forward motion or there is not enough power to spin those 18"s, my 3.2 would quite hapily go around a corner and flash the ESP light if pushed.

The car cruises quite nicely at 70 and the MPG is much better than the 3.2.

I would definitely get the quattro over the front wheel drive primarily as 200 bhp through the front wheels is a bit much, especially in the rain.

My B7 A4 2.0T quattro s-line overall is a very good car. The engine performs well for a 4 cylinder and it is reasonably economical. Looks wise it is very similar to the new s4 and inside it is nearly perfect and very comfortable. I would definitely go for the quattro it is great when road surface is wet. I also got the car re-mapped and now has nearly 250 BHP which has made quite alot of difference to performance probably as fast as a 330 BMW now. I also drive a 3.0TDI about 6 months ago and that is one hell of a car. Felt faster than my 2.0T, but diesel performance can be deceptive. I would have gone for the diesel had it not been nearly 3k dearer.

The s-line gives the car a sporty touch with nice little touches such as lip spoiler, s-line badges sport seats etc..

Good luck with whatever you go for. Pound for pound I would say the 2.0TDI or 2.0T are the ones to consider. If money permits the S4.