Bluetooth with A3 Sat Nav Plus and phone prep?

Hi - sorry if this has been asked and answered but.. I have an A3 Sportback with Sat Nav Plus and phone prep and multi function wheel. - Audi still don't make a Sony P900/P910 cradle but the sat nav has bluetooth surely there must be a way to make them talk? Can anyone help with some simple guidance or do I have to buy a Nokia!! Thanks. Having been stopped twice by the boys in blue.. i probably need to sort this!

I used my P910 with the audi BT prep. You dont get full functionality, but you can receive calls easily enough. The phone book wont transfer, even though Audi claim it will. You can dial numbers from the phone memory and the BT prep will do the audio for you etc.

I just paired the 2 devices up.

Is BT enabled on your car, as you have a cradle, the BT part of the module may not be enabled. You need VAG to check the settings on the module.

Craig

Depends on a few things, what version of DVD do you have, most of the new phone functionality is in the latest 2005_2 DVD, also depends on the module for the telephone "D" or "C" on what functionality you get. You may need to recode your HU to tell it to use the latest functionality when you have upgraded to 2005_2

Craig

You need VAG com to access the module. As you already had a phone prep installed I would guess at it being a "D" module. Did you fit the RNS-E or was it factory installed? Your HU should already be set to "2" to support this module if it was factory fitted, but the new SW will improve the functionality.

Craig