Kerbed 18" Alloy - Ireland - Help !!!

Ken1

Well it finally happened , 7.00am this morning kerbed about 12 inches of the rim on my lovely shinny 18" front passenger side alloy - AHHHHHHHHHH. It looks f****d

Does anyone out there know of anyone in Ireland - South that can repair these wheels.

PS I take back anything I ever said about the 17"'s wheels !!

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

wouldn't it just drive you potty the second day out with mine I brought my mother for lunch getting out of the car I told her to watch and dont leave it swing out too far into the car next door, no problem so in we went for lunch, came back out, forgot to tell her and lo and behold didnt she open it out and it hit a peugeot 206 wing mirror a fair hit, i nearly died, had a big crater the size of a tennis ball and a scrape/ brought it to panel beater he told me to fix it he would have to respray the whole side so i got onto dent wizard met your man and he tapped it out with a little hammer good as new !!!!!

Got a number for a place called Dave McCann Tyres out near Blanchardstown. They said they have done a few Mark V alloys before . I will head on out at the weekend and see whats what. I got a price for a new wheel from stealer €367 , though it would be more !

Hi Ken,

Would you believe that Dave McCann tyres is literally 2 doors up from my office - thankfully though I don't go in to the office much. I am living out in stillorgan and cannot suffer the M50 when I can get more work done at home!

Let me know how you get on with the alloy - might be in there myself within a few days of my wife getting driving on the 18"s!

Best of Luck!

Regards

Paddy

Ken,

As long as I am thinking right and it is the Dave McCann I know of then it is actually in "Coolmine Industrial Estate". You head up past with Blanch S/C on your right and left at roundabout where Blanch Renault is and then right into Industrial Estate at Statoil - follow road down and around to left (Keeping Power City on right) and think Dave McCann is down on left before you reach lights on other side of estate.

Think so anyway... I always see their van on the road too, think he does a mobile service.

I took the self employed plunge 4 years back so only go into office when I need to, M50 has just got so bad in last few years I avoid it unless I am heading outta Dublin to customers.

Let us know how you get on with the wheels... I am sure by about mid February I might be sending my wife over.

Best of Luck!

Paddy

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the chat... you seem to have registered around same time as me. So.. have you bought yet or thinking about it? I am hoping to order next week...

Paddy

Lads - I think we are getting enough Irish here to have a meet (When I get mine in Feb... with DSG, maybe June/July). The UK lads could come over on the ferry too...