i-pod battery care.

Smudge

I have the new 20gb colour ipod (not the video one, they're 30gb iirc). Can anyone advise the best way to care for the battery? Whenever I update the ipod, it automatically goes into charge mode, but the battery is pretty much full most of the time (I not using it that much yet), and the obvious fear is the odd "top up" of the battery will feck it quite quickly. Can anyone advise?

Ta

Al.

beerchug.gif

I have the same iPod and like you, the battery never runs flat. I have the Dension ICE kit in the soot chucker and when playing, the battery is charging there too. I am aware that there have been iPod battery issues in the past and my attitude is that if it dies in 18 months, I have all my back up on iTunes, so chuck the knacked iPod away and start again? 169144-ok.gif

Reminds me, I must do a review of the Dension ICE kit as it's brilliant in the Polo!! cool.gif

iPod betteries are best suited to top ups. Infact Apple advises against letting them run empty continually. Once every so often wont be harm but every time will shorten the life of the battery. I would expect them to last approx 2 years with regular use.

[ QUOTE ]

I am aware that there have been iPod battery issues in the past and my attitude is that if it dies in 18 months, I have all my back up on iTunes, so chuck the knacked iPod away and start again?

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems a little excessive to me.

EEK2.GIF

Why not get it fixed?

I presume the IPOD comes with Li-ION which is the least memory affected battery to day. They should be discharged every so often but they aren't anything as bad as NiMh and Ni-Cad which can be very bad at getting a memory especially Ni-CAD.

The most important charges are the first. Charge them for double the time first charge, then drain completely then double charge again they will perform far better then for the life of the battery. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

That seems a little excessive to me. Why not get it fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Al, what I meant is that in 18 months time, another new iPod will be launched, mine will be £100 to fix but a replacement will be £150 so in essence it'll be more economic to bin the dead one.....that being said, I have all faith in Apple that my iPod was built on a Monday by the top production tech and will last without issue for 10 years!! yelrotflmao.gif