GTA

Woppum

What would be your choice Now?  

1. 1. What would be your choice Now?

What does anyone think of the car. Personally i love it, of course i havent actually seen it in real life but i like ther rumers. I was this close to getting one but when i heard it was front wheel drive i was put off. 250bhp and 221lbs of torque through the front wheels when the car only weighs 1360kg sounded lik it would suffer from huge wheel spin and massive torque steer.

Apparently it sounds incredible (better than the R32 blush.gif) and feels quicker than the golf. Has anyone actually driven the car, becasue i think it is out in europe but not the UK yet. I wanna know what it is like. As soon as it is out here i will be the first to get a test drive...

Ok I am gonna try my first poll now so bare with me...

What would you prefur:

There we go i hope that works. Now heres a pic. beerchug.gif

post-1352-137914245758_thumb.jpg

VBH test drove it and said that although it isn't as well built as the R32, isn't as solid on the road as the R32, and has too much power going through just the front wheels unlike the R32 it is more spirited than the R32 (which she also said had no soul...)

thought i'd share that with you all! beerchug.gif

The car looks great, there is no denying it is a good looking car. I am sure in a straight line it could kick butt;

It is the ffront wheel drive, in the wet, it must be a bummer, at just over 1300 kgs with 250bhp it will be totally relying on the traction control and the ESP whatever, which proably wouldnt be a clean drive.

It could also do with bigger exhausts, i was amazed when i saw the 156 Gta's pipes, they are puny pathic little things which dont fit in with the incredible body kit..

Chins it will be a great looking car but from what i am gessing it wont be up to your spoilt standards...

Get a second hand noble. The new one has just come out so the value of the old one is bond to drop... Looks great on both the inside and the out.. 0-60 in under 4 secs cant be bad either, just every next car you have will feel slow cool.gif

Do it you know it is right beerchug.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Testdrove it the other day. It was red, a beautifully looking engine and the sound was wonderful.

For the rest it totally didnt feel nice.

No good interior quality

Also cornering was quite horrible

Doesnt feel quick at all (perhaps I am spoiled grin.gif)

Interior looks nice from a distance but the quality is very thin. Doesnt really have that " quality" feel. Also what i didnt like was the fact that you couldnt feel that you're going quite quick, it went but not with a boost.

It was a dull ride, except for the moment i almost lost it driving on a roundabout too quickly....... which tells you something about the car but also about my (lack of) driving skills jump.gif

The engine sounds verrrrrry nice tho.......

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When i drove it i thought it was faster but yes, there wasnt as much instant torque pushing you back in the seat like the R32 makeing it feel slower... even though it is not. The ride is wobbly, espeshally at speed an round the corners, and the torque steer scares the crap out of you. Overall it was no way near as pleasurable as the golf... but it did look and sound good ROLLEY~14.GIF

• 7 months later...

Well.

I have owned both the Audi S3 and I currently own the 147 GTA.

A quick run down of both.

The Audi is a better all round car. It is the best habdleing car on the road. I out handled WRX's with ease(Maybe it's just the driver)! It is quick but not balistic!

The 147 GTA is a Balistic Missile! It destroys stock WRX's and keeps very close to the STI's! Though the handleing department os a little weak.

I’m most impressed at the fact you actually managed to buy one. Sent an email to my local Alfa dealer 2 months ago, asking if they had a GTA I could play with and didn’t even get a reply!

Good job I didn’t want one really wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some guy has bought one in the same flats as i live, a couple weeks ago, nice red one.

I will try and get him on here to give us a review.

We nodded as he passed me this weekend while it was getting a polish.

A fairly young bloke so he may be up for it.

Car park bays now make up 3 boxster S's, my R32, 2 M3's, and an A3 1.8t, with S3 rims on it. Plus the 2 westfields sitting in the corner.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...