What was your childhood dream car?

Ari

When you were a kid, what was your ultimate dream car?

For me as a young boy, there was only one, the Lotus Esprit Turbo.

All the car magazines of the time absolutely raved about it. And then Bond replaced his Aston with one. There just was no car more desirable in the world than the Lotus for me back then. cool.gif

Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_white_front_quarter.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was the car that really got me into cars.

959_wp0_400.jpg

I never really did the F40 I don't know why, and I'm not a massive Porsche fan either.

But the technology and engineering of the car maybe did it, the stats at the time were mind boggling. Either way at sub 10 years old I have been reading car magazines every week ever since and long may it be so. 169144-ok.gif

I seem to remember being less than faithful as a youngster, though I think my biggest crush was a 308GTS in rosso/tan (what other colour is there?).

1982_308gts_quattrovalvole.jpg

In my teens it was definitely the Audi Quattro. I remember getting a bit of a semi on when I saw the swb Quattro Sport for the first time at the motor show in 1985. blush.gif

1033.jpg

308 GTS definately for me, seeing Magnum slide away from the grass verge in the opening titles does it for me. But, Garcon makes a good point, your dream car changes as you get older. The 308 GTS is probably the first car I really wanted, but as I got older, stuff like 959, F40 and Mac F1's did it for me.

For me, it has always been an iconic 911 - i have liked them all, in varying degrees (except the 996 Turbo i had a blast in).

UR Quattro in Perlescent White Metallic was next on my list - there was a factory owner next to my dads place that owned one and she ended up wrapping it around a tree!! shocked.gif SO SO SAD! frown.gif

Then one day, my stepdad took a Starion 2.0 Turbo out for a testdrive and i fell in love with it! He never did buy it and i never forgave him until 15 years later (Jan this year) i bought one!

Porsche 993 Turbo (black) is next on my purchase list - well, you gotta dream eh!!! grin.gif

My Staz:

582619-starion.jpg

post-9763-137914330462_thumb.jpg