Can anyone beat my mileage???

M8CKN

Had a CRX once that I sold at 190k and hadn't missed a beat.

Pretty impressive when you think how they have to be revved and believe me,it did get revved hard and made many a visit to Santa Pod.

Can't remember how many miles it had done when my friend sold it on but it must have been well into the 200's!

I'd have said 10% inspiration, 40% perspiration and 50% desperation!

I think it was last year I was looking at some alternatives, including buying a big ole barge for day to day and something 'for the weekend'. One barge I nearly went to look at was a '99 Lexus LS400 with 167k on it, for sale at a Lexus dealer with an unlimited mileage warranty and full Lexus history. I think it was up for 8 and a bit. If I'd gone for it, that would be nudging 200k by now and i reckon would be good for 400k with little more than a gearbox change at worst.

I used to flog Black Cabs a few years back and we would get them in to us 2-3 years old with about 350k on the clock. They are all fitted with the 2.7 Nissan Diesel engine and we know of a few still running today with over a million miles on.......

Funny thing is, we still sold them for upwards of £25k with that mileage on - they are bought buy someone and rented out to drivers. Normally you get 3 drivers in 24 hours on weekends and 4 drivers in 24 hours weekdays - the engine never gets switched off!!! shocked.gif

So, if you can pick up a 2.7 Diesel Nissan Terrano and look after the body, it will be unstoppable!!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Attached piccy of the speedo on my 2000 Passat.

Anyone beat it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you had it from new and put those miles on yourself? blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bought it 2 1/2 years ago from my dad who had it from new, he put 148k on the clock in the 2 1/2 years he had it.

I wouldnt have even considered it if it wasnt from my dad, he is totally obsesive about upkeep, servicing and cleaning!!

Also, the £3k price tag helped, not bad for a 2.5 year old car he paid £17k for.