Passenger window's stopped working?

activa

Just got back from picking the Mrs. up and she asked why will my window go down but not up.

Put it down further from the drivers side button then tried to put it up and no response.

You can hear a clicking in the passenger door but it just won't do anything.

Any ideas appreciated as I don't really want to leave it like that all night.

TIA

Clips are broke as people say.Common prblem, the part has been upgraded to a metal part now instead of plastic.

Only a few quid from dealers. Worth fitting yourself too as the labour charge is about £120 - £160 for fitting. I would also use a bit of silicon lubricant on the other window guides just to help them run smoothly and hopefully avoid another one of them going.

Aah,well,I can update now.

I went back out the other night,turned on the ignition and lo and behold the window worked fine.

Happened again though last night and after turning the car off and restarting it went up again.

I fear one of those electrical faults that's hard to find due to it being intermittent.

I'd guess a faulty relay but why only one window with the problem? confused.gif

Id have a look at the mechanism still, It may be that the plastic catch is "catching" the mechanism now and again.

If it is electrical I would imagine that if it's a relay then the clicking you describe is the relay pulling in and out. this being the case then the motor may be at fault. If the motor or window mech is sticking it wil not operate as it will go over current assuming something is caught in the window. Aternatively it may be a dead spot on the motor, stopping the window at a certain point may be ok, but another may make it difficult to get it to return.

Best bet is get the panel off and take the mechanism out and see whats going on, no point in looking for an electrical fault until you know the mechanicals are sound first.