Well, I finally got some Proper Wheels

Durrsaku

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No the whole car needs a wash. Was back at 2 am this morning from a booze cruise so was keen to put the wheels on and post some pictures. I can't get it clean before the weekend and only if my hand is mended. grin.gif

Anyway a 30mm drop would it not lower it too much. I tell you after 160 bottles of wine last night the back was almost touching the floor and it was dangerously scraping all the road bumps. 169144-ok.gif

My next mod would be a remap and better looking bumpers. Did have a chance to get some new RS style but that would be an overkill. Just want some Gmbh style ones. cool.gif

Look good... are those 18" rims?

They look a litle lost in the space, I see why ScoTTY was saying lower the car, 30 mm too much, maybe 20mm?

What size Conti's do you have on them. Are they 235/40 18's? If so might be tempted to give them a bash on mine for the price you paid for the rims themselves. ECLIPSe.gif

Yes they are 235/40 18" Contis and they were at a very good price too. 169144-ok.gif

I have a friend who is in the tyre business and only charged me £30 to have all 4 corners fitted and balanced. Otherwise the full price would have been £25 a corner. smashfreakB.gif

The wheel looking lost in the space it's only an optical illusion. It will look better when i get the car cleaned and the tyres blackened.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Paint from Speeding.co.uk and its the Savage Brake caliper paint at 19.99.

Decals from e-bay seller ubernine - email I will give if you PM!

UBM

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the info.

[/ QUOTE ]

The decals are good. As for caliper paint, an alternative is Hammerite; recommended by another TSN member and still looking good even with giving the brakes a good testing and high temperatures. Cheaper too. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway a 30mm drop would it not lower it too much. I tell you after 160 bottles of wine last night the back was almost touching the floor and it was dangerously scraping all the road bumps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno....... The S-Line is a 30mm drop from standard and it sits just fine 169144-ok.gif I think you need some side on pics though - Just to make sure wink.gif

587136-BubsS-Line023a.JPG

Red for the calipers too - No question 169144-ok.gif

BUB beerchug.gif

post-5262-137914331039_thumb.jpg