[Audi A3/S3] I Love my S3!!!!!

A3Floyd

Well, i've had my S3 since saturday morning and i'm completely in love with it. When i collected it, Fontain had already put the Revo trial software on for me (good work, fellas).

With the Revo software the car is awesome! The thing just flies in every gear but i did find it a little hard to drive it tamely cos the boost comes on quite heavy and suddenly.

Without the Revo software it's still damn quick and a lot easier to drive, i must say. though not as much fun of course!

Fontain have been excellent and i'd recommend them to anyone. They are very easy to deal with and helpful throughout. One minor problem is that my oil service light keeps flashing whenever i start the car up mad.gif i'm not gonna be happy if i have to get it serviced just days after buying it NONO3.GIF

Anyone know how much an oil service costs for an S3????

Overall, i'm smitten.

I think it's just a matter of time!!

At the moment, the standard S3 is more than enough for me and i like the fact that the car is that bit easier to drive with the stock program. However, once i get used to the car, i'll probably go for the switchable Revo program so that i can have the best of both worlds.

Please - no more of these "I love my car" posts - I just can't handle it. Just bought my first flat and my plans to buy an S3 have been put on hold until later this year. Until then I am driving round in one of Stelios' finest Renault Clio's with a big "EasyCar.com" sticker on each door.

In all seriousness though - reading posts like this just make me think perhaps I can live without a microwave ... and a sofa ... and a TV etc. smile.gif

It's definately a big difference. The whole car feel completely different.

The seats are nicer

The ride is more solid and sure-footed

Traction is superb

The exhaust note is much better too

The list goes on...

i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. Cant wait to go home now - just so that i can get another chance to drive it!!!

I should be getting my S3 in late Sept. Reading all your comments about how great they are is making me so dam inpatient. Ill be stepping up from a Metro GTI, god knows you think your happy. Wait and see the smile ill have laugh.gif So will all you fekr.gif shut up before I just go and buy one now NONO3.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

I should be getting my S3 in late Sept. Reading all your comments about how great they are is making me so dam inpatient. Ill be stepping up from a Metro GTI, god knows you think your happy. Wait and see the smile ill have laugh.gif So will all you fekr.gif shut up before I just go and buy one now NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloomin eck! your gonna feel like you've been strapped to the @rse end of a missle when you get in the S3 from the Metro!

At least yours has got "GTI" in the model name hinting at a bit of speed at least. I was driving a 1.2 5 year old Clio (horse and cart would have had more guts), I now have a 1.2 16V (wooo hoo) Clio from EasyCar. Perhaps I should approach NASA for some speed familiarisation training before I get the S3 ...

[ QUOTE ]

With the Revo software the car is awesome! The thing just flies in every gear but i did find it a little hard to drive it tamely cos the boost comes on quite heavy and suddenly.

Floyd

have you got the 0 to 60 time with the revo on?

its interesting that this system can be switch on or off!!!! rocketwhore.gif

have you any costings for the revo?

have fun with the new car

RichardH

The Revo upgrade costs £500 plus vat for the standard package. You have to pay more for the SPS dongle which allows you to switch it on or off. I cant remember how much it was though confused.gif

I think i've heard on here somewhere that S3's we seeing low 6 secs for 0-60, maybe even sub 6 secs. someone on here will be able to confirm that. Like i said, the difference is phenomenal. It's just manic with the Revo - a bit too manic for me at the moment cos i'm still getting used to the car ECLIPSe.gif

I reckon it's gotta be the best £500 you can spend on your car.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloomin eck! your gonna feel like you've been strapped to the @rse end of a missle when you get in the S3 from the Metro!

[/ QUOTE ]

I traded up from a Corsa 1.5 Turbo Diesel to my S3 - bit of a difference in performance handling and fuel economy !!

sidicks