Audi S8/A8 Trunk Lip Spoiler (Ebay)

SneakyMcC

If you want more stability on a car of this size and wieght then tinker with your suspension- lower it or something; that minute thing is just drag enhancer and would make virtually no noticable difference to the handling... I could pull out the equations but I'm brain dead right now and its bed time for me ZZZ.gif

The sad fact is the D2 is now becomming affordable to buy for some of the Maxpower wanabees and this sort of thing is going to happen more often frown.gif

Depends how they're done; the cars on TSN with quads are complimented with the right sized exit pipes but if you were pimpin' it then you would have quad +4" exits- insinuating that the car is a jet fighter!

Dont get me wrong some of these guys have a lot of talent but theres no vision on the overall final impact of their mods. Look at the attachment:

post-5048-137914332199_thumb.jpg

I said this on another post recently, IMO quads are definately heading towards the MP thing... I'm not saying (if done properly - I would go for Mercs SL 55 amg style small oval jobs) look crap, but I know the only reason for the mod is to make more noise which is defo MP ! looks comes second with performance a distant 3rd ! I actually prefere matt finish pipes, cos bright chrome is too Bling (err - I hate that word).

I must confess that I too had a couple of err... bling'ed rides UHOH7.GIF a while back; one I inherited from my brother and the other (the granny) is from my uni. days. I suppose its an age thing.

My first bling mobile was (Don't Laugh) a ford Granada and my own making, the second (Don't laugh again please) was a rover 620. I tried to keep things simple and didn't want the ironing board on the back of my cars lookat me look. Go on have a giggle but I got to the A8 promised land in the end notworthy.gif

post-5048-137914332212_thumb.jpg

Factory fitted quads are perfectly acceptable, aftermarket bolts on's just don't look right. The new S8 is far more overstated in general than the old one and the back end is much taller and sqaured off, so the quads look in proportion. The old S8/A8 doesn't accommodate a load of drainpipes. If you made a quad with the same back box as the origanal, I think it would look ok.. but big round 3 inchers just look tacky... sorry ! But the A8 is an executive saloon not a touring car. It's about class not fuss.