BE broadband

Daz

Has anyone else looked at BE broadband ?

Up to 24 meg download speed

Up to 1.3 meg upload speed

Unlimited internet access

No download caps

All for £24 per month.

My exchange has just been BE enabled and I'm wondering if I should change over to them. Have had BT for about 5 years now and have had no problems at all but 24 meg would be fun. grin.gif

I'd be very interested to find out. I currently pay £34 for 2mb blush.gif

Is that inc VAT Daz?

Obviously, whenever you dabble with these new companies you're always in for a bit of a gamble with reliability and/or customer services.

I have to say that PIPEX have been absolutely faultless in these areas. They used to be bang on the money with pricing but they seem to have moved more towards a quality proposition than cost-based competition in the last couple of years.

Do we know who "BE" are?? Is there any big company behind them?

And how is this possible? Is this down to Local Loop Unbundling??

Yes, it's all down to LLU and uses a new ADSL2+ standard.

[ QUOTE ]

Who are Be?

We are a U.K. registered company. Our company is completely focused on delivering exceptional broadband services that are exceptional value for money. Our headquarters is in London.

Who owns Be?

We are privately owned. We are an independent UK company, not structurally related to any other companies overseas or in the UK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found out that UKOnline are also going to be offering this service soon too. I think I might wait a couple of months and see how things pan out.

24 Meg is only available in a few areas that have been LLU (Local Loop Unbubdled) for the rest who are dependent on BT then they have announced increased trials of 8MB. However, I don't know what the limitations of noise and attenuation are which means if you are a long way from you exchange forget it.

More info check out www.adslguide.org and www.samknows.com

Looks like I'll have to wait until next year to find out frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations.

The power of Be will be yours to command.

We are currently expecting to enable your exchange in Apr-2006. Be's ludicrously fast broadband service is expanding faster than a lottery winner's circle of friends, but unfortunately we haven't yet reached your house. Do not despair. We will be with you. Simply fill out your details below, and we'll keep you posted as we approach your area.

[/ QUOTE ]