At last - I'm an owner!!

WhiteHArtMart

Have to say a big thank you for all the enthusiasm towards this car shown on here - glad I took note of it as my experiences of it so far are fantastic!!

I've made a few quick comments below:-

DSG - what can I say - feels so right - even after only a couple of hundred miles!! Really smooth - tried a couple of paddle shifts as well - although will leave that til after the first 600 miles or so!!

Engine - it was always going to sound smooth after the A3 TDI I had - but the power delivery is so much better as well - feels like it will just pull from any revs!

Soundpack - a lot better than I had expected. Yes I know its pricey but I really wanted to keep the factory appearance. Compares really well to the BOSE setup I had in the A3 imo. The BOSE was very much all treble and bass and gave a slightly 'hollow' sound. The set up in the Golf works well - gives a balanced sound - not overblown in the bass and not a thin sound either!

The overall drive is a million miles away from the A3 - just feels so much more communicative - I'm sure this will get better once I am able to explore the limits of its capabilities!!

There are a few GTI's in this neck of the woods but its great to look in your rear view mirror and see people turning round as you drive by!

Comments from friends have been really positive as well ranging from 'I love the colour' or 'Wheels look great' to 'Love the headrests????????'!

Guess the above is mroe proof of what a great all rounder this is!

Thanks again!

Andy (one happy owner!!)

Terrific 'Mart!! 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

You enthusiasm shines through every word of your post! Seeing your side view pic convinces me that it's the darker GTI colours which the 18s suit best. These are possibly the best pics so far of Graphite Blue - Most of the other pics I've seen here make the colour look a bit drab but not so on your pics. Another reason why everyone should, if possible, see the colours in the metal before ordering.

I know that there a couple of guys in the Audi forum who have A3s and are thinking about the GTI....Your post will defo interest them.

I hope you'll still post here occasionally....Meanwhile, Enjoy!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Who's that in the driving seat??? sekret.gif

Hey guess what, phoned VW UK this morning, my car is...

...still in Deutchland SAUER0421.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate - sorry to hear you're still waiting - it will be worth it - trust me!

As for the driving seat - tis the wife - the only time she'll get to sit there! wink.gif

Oh and Red - thanks mate! I'm really pleased with the colour - it looks even better when the sun is shining though 169144-ok.gif but as you say - there really is no substitute for seeing any colour in the flesh!

It seems there is a 2 week delay (Mart excluded) from when the car is finished to when it starts moving. Although this seems to be at completely random points on the VW system. Jay had his GTI stuck on stage 5 for nearly 2 weeks, how is that possible! is the whole production stopped while they wait for a part to come in. NONO3.GIF I actually think the problem lies with how they log the cars whereabouts, not where the car actually is. So much for German precision. ha.gif

Anyhow, it seems all i can do is stamp my foot and vent my frustration on here (my online GTI therapy group.)ices_blah.gif

Red, you're right about Adam (typical salesman).

yelrotflmao.gif Excellent! I'll be tooting 'n fluting in Northampton as well on the Saturday.

I too think the 'black hole' is all about logging and much to do with export/import dockside procedures. But you would have thought that everything would be trackable....UPS will give you precise hour by hour info on international packages! I suffered the extra 2 week "where the feck is it?" problem too.

Stu should be back soon....At least he's a bit more upfront.

well I very jealous Mart, but really pleased for you. Looks absolutely quality!

Particularly pleased that the Soundpack is up to scratch - assumed it would have to be really for £800 or so, but a nice even sound will be great. I'm a bit of a snob with sound, and have always thought Bose systems were all about fake bass and too much top (although the sounddock is a great little system for your ipod).

So that's 1 out of 4 imminent deliveries complete. NOT LONG NOW!

Scott - I sent a slightly pushy email to Shaun, which was answered by Oliver. Didn't achieve much really, because I always get a 'salesman's' answer. Regardless, it looks like it'll be late this week before I see an invoice. SAUER0421.GIF

My suspicions are that they'll wait for mine to be ready before they send both, but I hope not for your sake.

I will definately be keeping my eyes and ears open for the Red Baron.

I think the quads look fantastic, such a good job. Got me tempted already even though I don't have the car yet.

I have only seen 2 black ones in Oxford, but am sure there are more, well there will obviously be one more in Jan.

Turbo-back (after Wednesday) + Non-Resonated + Quads is the loudest that Millteks can be on a Mk5 GTI. The loudness wasn't my intention and if I find the system too loud and I wake up Oxford and Northampton I'll swop section to the slightly quieter Resonated. IF you ever consider aftermarket exhausts make sure you research it thoroughly (plenty info here at TSN) and keep in mind any longer term plans. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Finally picked her up on Saturday - haven't been on here much since!! Too bust driving! 169144-ok.gif

First a couple of pics! First one below:-

Day1.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't want to pee on your fire but the red one in the background looks a much better colour. Maybe, while you had the chance, you should have offerd a trade plus cash! jump.gif