EBAY - convert petrol/diesel car to run on water ?

Shorty

Anybody else seen this ebay auction Item number: 8010687024 this is his description :

Convert your engine to run on ordinary tap water.

This is not a joke! - This is easily carried out using readily available components!

Suitable for all engine types - No petrol or diesel needed at all - EVER!

Amazingly, your vehicle will return more miles per gallon (of tap water!) and engine power will be INCRESED by around 33%. Once again, this is no joke.

I will email you my 18 page guide to doing this (complete with diagrams) as soon as payment is received. My guide is concise and explains the scientific and engineering principles behind using water as a fuel, and how to make the conversion on your car, bike or truck engine.

He has over 1600 feedback and a registered business user.

Is this a joke because it looks fairly convincing.

I've had dealings with that person..... they talk out their arse!

There also loacted in the same town as another eBayer who is a member of a forum I mod, and although he's decent enough on the forum, he's a bit of a conman on eBay and has quit / signed up under a different name a few times.

When I was dealing with the these two they were both dealing in the same products and used the same temaplate for their ads. I assumed they knew each other.

I hate scammers !!!

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So do i six degrees.

Not knowing much about this decided to do a bit more searching ( don't ask i was bored ) and come across this site http://www.switch2hydrogen.com/ is this real ??? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it can be done but the convrsion kits are very costly!!

Plus, as mentioned before, the actuall process required to produce enough Hydrgen to run uses more fossil fuels anyway, so overall theres no real reduction in natural reserves.

smile.gif

Selling that for £1.50. The kit to convert it will cost £££££, HSE mandatory required safety kit = £££££, engine conversion kit = £££££

And it has taken BMW years to produce the previous gen 7-series to run on hydrogen. So someone in their back garden for £1.50 - errr no.

The reason for the sale, is more likely a way for people to get their rating up. At £1.50 per rating, it is cheap enough to get a decent number.

tbh fair play to the guy. I mean, he is only selling information available on the internet for nothing for the cost of £1.50. He is only taking advantage of stupid people who actually think they can just fill up their cars with water and drive off.

I dread to think how many people have just thought 'I know, I can save myself £1.50 and just do it now for free!!'

At least (As far as I know) he's not going aroung mugging people/stealing cars/suspending teachers for doing their jobs/french/raping women etc. I can think of far worse things in the world.

Just as a side issue, I thought the water bit of using Hydrogen was that it was the by-product and not actually used to make it?

Fair play? Like the guy who was selling a "Genuine Xbox box"? Cleverly worded so that people desperate to buy one would bid for it, and find out that they did infact buy a genuine box for an Xbox. It sound's like it's a con to me.

If what he was selling was a means to power your car for £1.50 rather than the information that it might be possible with massive investment then I'd not be so concerned. Statements like

"Convert your engine to run on ordinary tap water. This is not a joke! - This is easily carried out using readily available components!"

are just not true. However, I will concede that anyone who buys his "product" deserves to feel like a pratt when they get what's being sold. They probably feel too embarrassed to say anything. Would you own up to it in the pub in front of all your mates? yelrotflmao.gif

All I meant was that if losing £1.50 is what it takes some stupid people to realise that if something seems too good to be true, then it normally is, then surely that is far better than them investing all their life savings into an investment scheme only to see it fall apart?

Also, if someone can't read properly so that they don't realise they are buying a 'box' rather than a 'x-box', then again its all part and parcel of life. Some people are stupid, some not so stupid.