Canadian Law

BrianFD3S

There is a law in canada that goes along the lines of:

If there are more than three cars stacked up behind you then you are legally obliged to pull over.

I have not been able to find this on the net but i know it exists as i lived in canada a while ago.

What do people think of this law? would it be useful in the UK? i know it would be damn useful in ireland!

Usefull yes, but like most other Laws of the Road in the UK, no-one seems to pay a blind bit of attention to them, so why would they follow this one if introduced.

Laws aren't the problem, its people who can't drive, who are not apying attention or who just don't care about other road users!

169144-ok.gif

Agreed. Nice idea, but difficult to put into practise. There is no point having a law that isn't/can't be enforced... And there are already too many laws like that here.

Just bringing in a law about lorries overtaking each other on motorways/dual carriageways should suffice. Oh, and legalising undertaking for situations where it`s necessary.

Sounds interesting, but I can't quite understand it - pull over where? What if you're sticking to the speed limit and the cars behind your aren't? What if the conditions dictate driving slower than the speed limit, but the 3 chavs behind you want to race? Need more info tbh.

thanks for the feedback guys. this law is aimed mainly at vehicles that consistently drive lower than the speed limit. In canada it was in reference to Logging trucks but in ireland i think it would be mostly for bog-trotters in tractors and combine harvesters. oh, and people in yariss and corsas.

I like the roads in Scotland where there are frequest passing places and people pull over if you come up behind them.

Oh, and the roads in the Highlands are all virtually empty except for the odd sheep or Highland "coo" and have this super grippy gravel on them and are the best fun I have had in my car ever.

there is also another thing that really annoys me in ireland. the constant speed phenomenon. this is where a person drives at say 45 or 50mph ALL THE TIME, whether in a 30 or a 60 zone. so they go zooming along when there are pedestrians all over the place and then absolutely plod along in the 60 zones. and the thing is, they believe they are driving correctly so when you are behind them and have slowed to their crawling pace and are... signalling your intent to pass... then they think you are a hooligan and dont pull in at all, forcing you to do some dangerous manouver to pass. sportifs2.gifopenfire.gif