Catching the front air dam on kerbs

Crusader01

Considering getting another A8 at the moment and was wondering if I was alone in having problems with kerbs when parking nose in. A few times I caught the bottom of the front bumber and sprung those little grills surrounding the lights.

Do the front Park distance sensors pick up the kerb? An A8 Advocate told me they did but for some reason I wasn't totally convinced.

Regards

C

Mine often picks up speed bumps even if I crawl over them - never mind kerbs. In fact its worse than my old Subaru Impreza P1 with its snowplough front splitter.

I have explained it to myself as a feature of the sport suspension? Mind you the car rides v low and looks good for it.

I went to B&Q, parke in the trade area, over a kerb, loaded up with 6 bags of sand & 2 cement. The car got caught on the kerb as I reversed backwards and ripped the N/S corner out of its mountings! It's kncakered the N/S spot light (which I have a set of A6 ones on order to see if they fit), twisted the chrome trim and pop a parking sensor out! shocked.gif I was gutted!It took me most of a morning to get the bumper back in the sliding mountings, however they are amazingly flexible!!!

Lesson 1 - with the sport park well away from the kerbs if your shopping!