Mini Bulb Review: Philips GT150

Soapsuds

Popped (well, not QUITE that easy!!) a set of 4 of these into my A4 Avant (B6) this weekend, along with the Philips Blue sidelights.

I took the car out in the dark with just the nearside changed to see the difference!!! WOW - the brightness of them wasnt **too** noticible, but the distance that was illuminated was far far superior!!! I couldnt actually believe it, so re-checked my alighnment when i got back - all ok!!!! 169144-ok.gif

So, added the other side and again went out - just fantastic! The immediate range in front of you and all your perifferal(sp?) vision (inc. the 'rear spread' area), is very white - nice and clean!!! The distance illuminated on standard dip is far superior and it looks nice too, combined with the blue sides (the GT150's have blue tipped bulbs).

All thats left now is the Osram blue indicators!!! Can you tell my car is 'crystal blue'...??!! grin.gif

Conclusion - either these or the very similar Osram Silverstars are a MUST purchase for the winter. I now feel more confident and safe with them and can only assume that i am a little easier to spot too - something that is very worth while.....

Pop them on your Xmas list!!! 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I added them to my car as well, at first I thought there was no difference because it doesn't actually look any brighter, but the length of the beam is far, far better.

Where as before I struggled to drive down unlit roads without the full beam on it is now possible and the whole experience feels much safer.

Sound like a must have for winter driving. I found myself nearly ditching the car the other day as lights on low beam were kak frown.gif. Where'd you buy them from and how much?

Forgive my stupidity but should I be buying 4 replacement bulbs, 2 for low beam & 2 for high?

[ QUOTE ]

Sound like a must have for winter driving. I found myself nearly ditching the car the other day as lights on low beam were kak frown.gif. Where'd you buy them from and how much?

Forgive my stupidity but should I be buying 4 replacement bulbs, 2 for low beam & 2 for high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought them from Powerbulbs who delivered the next day and i ordered at 4pm!

Yep, you need 4 bulbs, so 2 sets. IIRC they are £28 a set and you get your free Blue Philips Sidelights..... P&P is included.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice guys

Have decided on the Osram silverstars, found some for under £20 a pair delivered on ebay, are they really that difficult to fit?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one! 169144-ok.gif

no - really easy, just make sure you have a good long socket set and losen the bolts at the rear of the light units and slide it ALL the way out - piece of pi55 then..... 169144-ok.gif