R Owners: Top Gear or 5th Gear ?

MagiK

When would most people be able to join us?  

1. 1. When would most people be able to join us?

• Saturday Daytime
    • Sunday Daytime
    • Sunday Evening
    • Weekday Evening

tspar / Neo

Got the jitters over mpg ( 18-19 on a regular basis ) EEK2.GIF Bought a 2.0GT Tdi and regreted it SLEEP5.GIF. 10 months later took delivery of the GTi. I have to say, I find the Mk5 chassis more "trustworthy". I never really got used to the R32 handling and felt I just couldn't trust it "Hard" into a corner. I always felt there was too much weight up front.

I previously had a Scooby and that was just a hoot! Could chuck it about like a ball. Problem was, after being a regular Scoobynet user, I saw many a sorry state in crashed Scoobs... frown.gif Jap tin eh? I'm confident the GTi will be cheaper to run, I average around 24-26mpg now and DSG is just fantastic! 169144-ok.gif

The GTI will generally cost less to insure, mpg will cost noticeably less if the mileage is high, modding will be much less expensive (I'm told). No the GTI isn't especially wallet-friendly but more so than the R32. Btw, I'm NOT saying that one is a better car than the other....They are both excellent and slightly different. Maximum respect notworthy.gif to each.

[ QUOTE ]

tspar / Neo

Got the jitters over mpg ( 18-19 on a regular basis ) EEK2.GIF Bought a 2.0GT Tdi and regreted it SLEEP5.GIF. 10 months later took delivery of the GTi. I have to say, I find the Mk5 chassis more "trustworthy". I never really got used to the R32 handling and felt I just couldn't trust it "Hard" into a corner. I always felt there was too much weight up front.

I previously had a Scooby and that was just a hoot! Could chuck it about like a ball. Problem was, after being a regular Scoobynet user, I saw many a sorry state in crashed Scoobs... frown.gif Jap tin eh? I'm confident the GTi will be cheaper to run, I average around 24-26mpg now and DSG is just fantastic! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame you didnt take to the cornering, i suppose considering the insurance,mpg ect ect then the GTI will be a cheaper bet all round. As for the DSG, my mate has the A3 3.2 with DSG and he loves it. Ive been in it (passenger) and am still to be convinced as to the driving fun of an automatic. Its certainly that "point chuff" faster in exceleration than the manual (weve had a good race or two !)

but will have to take one for a drive i suppose. Anyway good luck with the GTI m8ty 169144-ok.gif