[Audi A3/S3] haldex.... done it !!

a18eem

hi guys !

just to let you know i have finally changed the haldex filter and replaced the haldex oil! lucky i did it when i did... only a small cup of oil came out. dread to think what might have happened if i waited. smirk.gif

i checked my previous service invoives from the main dealer and guess what.. the fekers have not ever touched my haldex oil or filter ! FIREdevil.gif

the car was with them for 20,000/30,000/ 40,000 miles service and no one bothered. i would check to see if they have done your haldex or not.

see ya!

Exactly, you have to specifically ask for it. Trouble is with AVS is that you've got one timetable based on how you drive (servicing), one based on time (brakes) and one based on mileage (haldex).

Gotta keep track of them all as not all dealerships will be on the ball or healpful.

Audi uses a Haldex clutch to transmit power on its cars with transverse engines and quattro permanent all-wheel drive. It has been specially adapted to this configuration and distributes the drive force variably between the front and rear wheels, preventing the build-up of stresses in the power train when cornering (like the Torsen differential). The Haldex clutch has advantages for all-wheel drive in conjunction with a transverse-mounted engines. A lot of different information is needed to distribute power to the wheels – for example, the engine speed, torque, wheel speed and anti-lock braking system (ABS) function.

*) Trademark of Haldex AB, Landskrona, Sweden