S4 V8 Oneclick....

John_Doe

Are you finding you need a little more speed nowadays?

I'd also be interested to know. Toying between AMD, APR or the guy Shark_90 used. The latter is offering 26bhp and 15 ft/lbs increase plus raising the limiter for £175 plus travel costs (approx £220 in total).

Would you consider it and split the travel costs for him to venture up North?

[ QUOTE ]

I'd also be interested to know. Toying between AMD, APR or the guy Shark_90 used. The latter is offering 26bhp and 15 ft/lbs increase plus raising the limiter for £175 plus travel costs (approx £220 in total).

[/ QUOTE ]

You've hit the nail right on the head there Graeme!! I would indeed split the cost to have him travel up to us...I'll PM you about dates etc beerchug.gif169144-ok.gif

For what it's worth from someone who has a chip (and the full stage three setup) I wouldn't actually go for a remap.

The major benefits for the S4 is purely down to the breathing. MTM don't offer a chip. QST will do the exhaust, cats etc but not a remap.

I'm not saying the chip is worthless. It's not but it's not like chipping a turbo car. The gains are not in the same league.

If I was doing it now, I would only go for the downpipes, the cats and the exhuast. i.e. everything apart from the chip. The main reasons are :

[1] the difference in performance won't be that significant

[2] warranty implications on changing an exhaust etc, are a lot less than remapping.

Of course if you want to get all the power possible then go for the full whack but beware of the implications (warranty, insurance costs etc etc)

Having said all that I am exceptionally happy with the setup I have.

[ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth from someone who has a chip (and the full stage three setup) I wouldn't actually go for a remap.

The major benefits for the S4 is purely down to the breathing. MTM don't offer a chip. QST will do the exhaust, cats etc but not a remap.

I'm not saying the chip is worthless. It's not but it's not like chipping a turbo car. The gains are not in the same league.

If I was doing it now, I would only go for the downpipes, the cats and the exhuast. i.e. everything apart from the chip. The main reasons are :

[2] warranty implications on changing an exhaust etc, are a lot less than remapping.

Of course if you want to get all the power possible then go for the full whack but beware of the implications (warranty, insurance costs etc etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that Scotty, have you had any problems with respect to the sports cats? I have had the Milltek cat back boxes changed earlier this year but I've alwayd held off on the sports cats, due to some negative unproven feedback I've had on issues others have faced with higher temperatures which, may or may not have been as a result of the sports cats fitment...its all a tad worrying as I too have to consider warranty issues! ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that Scotty, have you had any problems with respect to the sports cats? I have had the Milltek cat back boxes changed earlier this year but I've alwayd held off on the sports cats, due to some negative unproven feedback I've had on issues others have faced with higher temperatures which, may or may not have been as a result of the sports cats fitment...its all a tad worrying as I too have to consider warranty issues! ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to have my sports cats replaced under warranty due to it throwing up an error and causing the engine management light coming on.

Listers in Worcester looked at the car and said that they could change the cats to Audi parts but that was defeating the object so all I done was take it to Amd and they replaced them for me under Miltek's warranty. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I had to have my sports cats replaced under warranty due to it throwing up an error and causing the engine management light coming on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, what happened? As the B6 S4 is at the top of my list of Audis to own, you able to share the cause of the fault? Those would be damn expensive out of warranty - the only time I would be able to afford the S4 (after five years depreciation). Did both fail simultaneously?

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've hit the nail right on the head there Graeme!! I would indeed split the cost to have him travel up to us...I'll PM you about dates etc beerchug.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PM received, ta! 169144-ok.gif Will look into it and PM back but suggested date/s look OK to me.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, what happened? As the B6 S4 is at the top of my list of Audis to own, you able to share the cause of the fault? Those would be damn expensive out of warranty - the only time I would be able to afford the S4 (after five years depreciation). Did both fail simultaneously?

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

There wasn't really a fault as such, appart from the light coming on in the dash. I could have kept driving like that but if anything did actually go wrong engine wise I wouldn't know as the light stayed on. If I remember correctly the code that came up on their diagnostics was a possible leak of gas from the cats.

I must admit that there wasn't any issue of them replacing them anyway. Since they've been replaced which was probably 4k or 5k miles ago the light hasn't come on.