Couple of V quick questions...

Linford

Those auto wipers are a life saver! Got hit by a very sudden and very extreme downpour on a dark night at speed, in traffic, and those wipers were instantly on at their fastest speed 169144-ok.gif . Also while in a tight space overtaking a truck on a bend (I could see well ahead), uphill, sudden roadside major pool after heavy rains, loads of sudden spray and visibilty again saved by the auto wipers. ESP saved the day in the pool as well.

I don't recommend the auto lights though....If they come on as you approach someone waiting to come out at a junction they could easily misinterpret you as flashing your signal allowing them to come out. Also they are good at coming on but crap at switching themselves off. Too lazy imo.

The auto lights on my BMW are fantastic...one of the best features.

They do seem lazy sometimes - it can be fairly bright and they won't turn off but whats the problem with that ?

Haven't had anyone in 2 years think I was flashing them and can't see it happenning either (personally).

You may well be right....Perhaps I am overcompensating on the safety considerations. I'm now wondering if my Pioneer SatNav screen will automatically switch to night mode illumination when the Xenons auto ignite....Manually switching on the lights automatically switches the SatNav day/night illumination. A quick flash in daylight doesn't switch the screen though....It's obviously wired and actioned via the rotary switch and not the stalk.