Mercedes E Class

Wallachie

My father bought a new E Class (320 CDi) last year and it was a fairly new model then so doubt there is a brand new model coming.

He's had BMW 5 Series for 10 years and been very pleased with them but hated the Banglised version. He's been delighted with the Merc, and it goes like a rocket!

[ QUOTE ]

My father bought a new E Class (320 CDi) last year

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one Ari, my Mum wants the E320 instead of another 5 series. She's getting a loaner for a day in December, apparently the E320CDI has just been given a new V6 Diesel engine.

I just don't want her to get one and then a new model come out 6 months later! frown.gif

My father is very careful and pedantic about buying cars (so thats where I get it from!!!)

He carefully test drove both cars (had the 5 Series for a weekend as good customer of local BMW, three 5 Sereis and a MINI for mum), got all the reviews, studied the brochures. And I have to say, he wanted to be convinced to buy the new 5 Series as he's loved the three hae has, dealer is local (Merc garage 30 miles away) and he's always has great service.

But the Mercedes is quite simly a better car in almost every regard. Looks, interior ambience, quality of finish, smoother engine, better features etc etc. The 5 won on standard equipment (reversing sensors for one example, standard on the 5 extra on the Merc). Theoretically the BMW might have handled better, but Dad (whilst no slouch) doesn't corner fast enough for that to even remotely be an issue.

After doing the research there was no contest, it wasn't even close, the Merc was miles ahead.

He placed an order (Elegence spec) and has been delighted.

The only thing that has come to light however is the service from the dealer is dung.gif compared with BMW.