AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

DB6Vantage

Just called my stealer. The car is built and arrives end of next week!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ECLIPSe.gif123576-assfeck.gifsportifs2.gifSMOKE6.GIFbeerchug.gifECLIPSe.gifECLIPSe.gifECLIPSe.gif

Now I am really getting excited!!!!!!!!! Apparently, production was accelerated. I ordered a manual, so could have something to do with the DSG delays.

This has screwed up all my traveling plans for the rest of the month...

[ QUOTE ]

Just called my stealer. The car is built and arrives end of next week Apparently, production was accelerated. I ordered a manual, so could have something to do with the DSG delays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea how long it's taking now if production has accelerated?

It may have screwed your plans up but theres going to be a nice GTI you will just love to drive on your driveway soon grin.gif

I haven't got a clue to be honest. I called the stealer again and I suggested it might have been due to the DSG delays. He thought it had more to do with country quotas. As far as I understood, and please correct me if anyone knows better, VW manufactures cars once ordered by stealers and once they have a certain number of orders per country. Might be a logistic thing. Apparently my stealer is getting quite a few cars these days, 3 R32s arriving with my GTi next week!

Sadly I cannot change my travel plans, so the car will have to sti at the stealer's for a week or so. But you are right snoopy, soon, very soon she will be in my garage. I hope the older ladies in the garage don't have a go at her for beeing so young! beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't got a clue to be honest. I called the stealer again and I suggested it might have been due to the DSG delays. He thought it had more to do with country quotas. As far as I understood, and please correct me if anyone knows better, VW manufactures cars once ordered by stealers and once they have a certain number of orders per country. Might be a logistic thing. Apparently my stealer is getting quite a few cars these days, 3 R32s arriving with my GTi next week!

Sadly I cannot change my travel plans, so the car will have to sti at the stealer's for a week or so. But you are right snoopy, soon, very soon she will be in my garage. I hope the older ladies in the garage don't have a go at her for beeing so young! beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be that they have accelerated production to get as many cars into the UK & other countries before year end & registered.

As part of the we sold more cars than you scenario amongst manufacturers... Who knows.

Seems to be a lot of different stories coming out depending on your dealer. My order which is a DSG model is a week ahead of schedule and went into production on Monday and was finished the next day. It's now been moved to the port ready for shipping. The next 2 weeks are going to be painful!!!!!

Nice one DB6... glad its on its way.

So will you ge getting 2 x pair of wheels for summer and winter in Switzerland? I have a brother living in La Chaux de Fonds with a VR6 (Mk3 maybe...) and he has the two sets of wheels so just changes when he needs to put on snow tyres.

What did you get - 18" or 17"? Would be interested what you thought cause guess there will be alot of salt on the roads during winter and there was talk about it not being good for the finish on the MKV 18".

Paddy

Hi Paddy,

I am not too far from La Chaux de Fonds, about one and a half hours drive! Yes I do need to get another set of wheels to put my winter tyres on. I got 17"s and I will be fitting 205 16"s as winter tyres. The problem is on what wheels? Im not to fussy about the wheels for the winter, but if someone has any ideas...

They put a lot os salt around here, specially where your brother lives since it is a colder place. People tend to do 3 things arround here:

1 put the winter tyres on a set of cheap fancy wheels. IMO it looks terrible. Cheap wheels trying to look good, normally 15" or 16"

2 put them on the cheapest black painted wheels. Some chose to put a horrible hub cap they bought at the supermarket...

3 put them on your regular wheels. This is not very practical. You have to got get the job done when you change, whereas the other is done on a sunday afternoon with a beer at home...

I will probably go for option 2.

DB