[Audi A3/S3] Audi Servicing Costs

sitas3

i'm developing a real dislike for Audi dealers and the servicing aspects of these cars. The 3rd AVS service for the S3 is nothing more than a simple oil/filter change for which they rob you of £350 in Guildford. I haven't tried Skoda/Seat (as some of their cars have basically the same engine) but I bet they are considerably cheaper.

These dealerships are now so focused on company fleets it seems they are forgetting the private owner and good old fashioned value for money! :Ranting: effing :Ranting:

TomK - I think if you check your service book a dealer does a little more than just change the oil and filter on the 1st AVS service. Time allowed by Audi is 1.1 hours + parts. If you want cheap servicing buy a cheap car. I'm sure the 1st service on a Nissan Micro would probably cost less.

WTF.

3rd AVS should be the smaller of the two services.

and knowing the car, i know it had haldex oil change while it was me at just18K. (due 20k)

so assuming its second owner wink.gif had its second AVS, and Haldex oil and filter done during their ownership.......

then its due a 3rd avs and haldex oil again? which is usually in the region of £300 ish dead.

Paul, Dave did indeed get the 2nd AVS service and Haldex done - haven't got the svc book in front of me at the mo but sure it was at 32k ish miles. Car is now at 53k miles which means it needed the 3rd AVS.

for the 3rd AVS service, Guildford quoted £330 and Camberley £350. Parts used are Oil and Oil Filter/sump plug.

Haldex is extra £149.50 for Haldex oil and filter.

My point is that the parts price will be less than £100 with the rest being labour. How long does it take to inspect my car? Unless they are using platinum sump plugs! As seen some dealers in other parts of the country seem to be more realistic with their pricing.

BTW 2nd/4th AVS service quote is £409 which includes spark plugs/air filter.

[ QUOTE ]

You just dont get it Si, that's why you should buy a diesal. Atleast with all the monies saved on fuel during the year can go into the 'Audi nice showroom mister' pot grin.gif

I'd find a cheaper dealer wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

beginning to think it is diesel time - looks like i'll have a daily commute to MK till July next year now frown.gif

well i'm trying to decide. Some days whilst driving up the M1, I just think sod it just keep the S3 and continue raking up the miles and sell for what I can get for it when maybe new S3 comes out. I like the performance, the brakes (Porkers), colour, interior etc etc but it is a shame to keep adding all these miles to it. frown.gif :fingerstapsdeskindecisivelyagain:

ive _ just _ seen something i like, but i have to wait until my buyer has sold thier car before making a move

either that or risk spending savings, bumping it up with a loan and paying for it upfront until mine is sold and i can repay it all back in a lump. Bit risky IMHO.

we should met up in MK for that beer and steak soon mate.