OMG, I've seen a 360 in the flesh

Jon

Went into Game at lunch and saw demo's of the console and graphics, it's mindblowing.

Try comparing an early 80's Atari to the PSX and multiply it by an infinite percentage.

It was only a demo system but the controller is like the mini xbox controller but with the white and black buttons on the back.

I am totally blown away and can't begin to describe how good it is, you really need to see it smile.gif

3 weeks will seem like a lifetime but it looks like my £20 deposit x3 will be paying dividends as i placed them on the first day of pre order laugh.gif

Jon.

Not really, even on a HDTV the resolution is going to be lower than a good quality PC monitor.

The graphics chip used is an ATI with similar technology to current PC cards but lower memory bandwidth.

Check out Half Life 2 Lost Coast with HDR turned on and its STUNNING and games such as Quake 4 or Black & White 2 are very impressive as well.

[ QUOTE ]

The graphics chip used is an ATI with similar technology to current PC cards but lower memory bandwidth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? From what i've read, you need to spend 400+ on a graphics card, or multiple cards SLI'd to have the same power as either the 360/PS3 (which are pretty much similar in graphics power).

Not that im really bothered, i certainly dont intend spending £1k+ on a PC for games, when i can get a console with at least as much power, no need for a new more powerful graphics card every year, and less compatibility problems, all for <£300!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? From what i've read, you need to spend 400+ on a graphics card, or multiple cards SLI'd to have the same power as either the 360/PS3 (which are pretty much similar in graphics power).

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

[ QUOTE ]

Jon will you be flogging the 2 spares at a grossly inflated price? Perhaps another TSN Auction with the proceeds going to charity, as there are a few people who've missed out on pre-orders in time for Chrimble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the 2 additional ones go as follows- 1 is going to my brother and the other to my mate at cost price.

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...

Feck me!!!

Seen a 360 in the flesh..its stunning!

Had it set up with a 36" flatscreen, running 1080i, and the graphics are mindblowing!

Played PGR3, and watched a bit of COD2, and PDZ.

PGR3 looks stunning, plays like PGR2, and has loads of cool extra's.

PDZ is a cross between a FPS, and splinter cell. Looks stunning, and looks great fun to play.

COD2 is stunning, and war game like, didn't see too much, but looks wise, defo next gen.

I REALLY need a 360 now smlove2.gif

Was very impressed, hooked it up to an ipod, and then went media tab of the dashboard, and hey presto, all the music available, no messing around, it just works.

The visualisations when playing music are stunning, and interactive, so you can make them do stuff with the controller.

The dashboard was EXTREMELY impressive. It really adds to the experience.