Latest Tyre Test

Scotty

The results are another forum :

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26472

Scores.JPG

I'd agree with the winner (my current and preferred tyre) but I found the Michelin PS2's better than the Continentals. I'm sure some of the result is dependant on the type of car and it's weight etc.

I was disappointed to see the Toyo Proxes T1R as I was goign to try these next.

Scotty, I have had the Toyo T1-R's (235x35x19 - extra load) on for the last 4 months and they are IMHO excellent. At normal and motorway driving speeds they appear to be a lot quieter than the original Conti Contact 2's and I honestly can't fault them. I definitely didn't decide upon them for the price as they weren't much cheaper than other options I was considering at the time....I'm sure testers add a little personal opinion in there too. Anyway, for what it's worth the Toyos get a big thumbs up from me. 169144-ok.gif Incidentally how many people on this very site give the Conti's a big fat no no and look where they end up on the list??? All very subjective.... SPericani2.gif

Continental's on the M3 were the equivalent of a death wish IMO.

Utter garbage. As was said above it's a very make/model orientated choice IMO. What's top for one car may finish bottom for another model and I can't see the value in the chart above at all. To rank a manufacturer overall just doesn't tell you what you need to know when choosing for YOUR car.

I had Conti Sport Contact2's on my MB C270 CDi and they were dreadfull. Same tyre in Extra Load configuration on the S4, and I personally thought they were fantastic. Not the best on warm dry roads but as soon as the temperature dropped and the roads got greasy, I thought they beat anything.

Just my 2 Euro's.

A work colleague had those on his RS2 and said they were very good but hard to find dealers for them. Don't know if it is any different now 3 years on.

GSD3's are settling in very nice on mine now and have great grip and the car feels more predictable, even in drift. V. quiet too.

Why Audi use Conti's is beyond me; time for them to get a better deal with another tyre manufacturer.