T*SSER parked in my space

5to1

At the flat there's a secure parking garage. The gate is useless though. Broke every now and then. But this last month its mostly been broken throughout. Lasts abt 1 day then packs up again.

Anyway the car park has allocated parking. But T*ssers insist on coming in and parking illegaly. With the gate broken its got even worse recently. Before it would only happened when idiots would let their guests do it. Or at one time you could push the bloody gate open (apparently fixed that now).

So my question is what can I do about. Emailed a clamping company to see if they'll provide a free towing service. But can I just tie a rope to it and drag it out?

Its really f****** annoying. I pay a hell of alot to live here and have a private parking space. And w*****s just take advantage.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Done the Note on the Windscreen. Cars been there since atleast 7 now. Only popped out for 30 mins.

Police say since its private property its a civil matter, therefore nothing to do with them.

Not the first time its happened either.

Its gone midnight now. The c**t obviously knows someone would be coming home and wanting to park their car by now.

Really feel like popping his windscreen, breaking the steering lock and pushing the car outside. Let the vultures have it.

Seen this done before...long time ago mind!

Assuming it's not been left in gear could it not be moved out of the way with a strategically placed trolley jack and a bit of a push? Annoying that you should have to go to so much effort for someone elses inconsiderate behaviour I know, but damn funny when he eventually goes back to his car to find that it's mysteriously teleported itself into the middle of a nearby road. I bet the boys in blue would do something about it then! wink.gif

Failing that I'm sure one of my students could gain entry (ahem!) to said vehicle and move it somewhere out of harms way for the measly sum of "ten-bob and a packet of woodbines"! grin.gif

The company I work for has a property management/factoring department. So if you live in a private residential development, there are companies who will ensure that only residents can park in your allocated spaces.

I know of one company in particular, who will 'police' your car park and issue permits to all residents, and will ticket/clamp any car without a permit.

If you want their details, PM me - and they also cover Scotland. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Any room to park directly behind blocking him in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Infront in this case.

So have blocked him in now. And left a note saying come and see me when you want to leave. Also left a note for my neighbour explaining, since I've blocked her in aswell.

I've emailed a clamping company to send me some info. Not gonna put up with this anymore.

Mills (or anyone else) if you can pm the details of the one you use that would be great. Would prefer to use someone who won't clamp my car aswell when times are hard.

Lol yeah, me and clampers, we're like this openfire.gif

Sounds like you need clampers (although you still need the right to do it and unless they had signs up etc etc then its illegal...)

I actually have someone in "my" space right now. They've been there for weeks...

I say "my" when in fact our allocated space is actually in the carpark across the grass from here but no one sticks to their spaces I've been parking in that space for 4 years now. Its right in front of our door and under our bedroom window so you can imagine why I like it.

There's some fecking knackered transit van in there, badly parked, with an out of date tax disc (ours is a private car park before you say it) and its filthy as pigpoo.

Why am I so annoyed? Well apart from the obvious, I keep having to park in the row of spaces on the other side of our car park and they're under trees SAUER0421.GIF

The other day I nearly set fire to that bloody van as I came out to find my car bright bloody green from all the pollen SAUER0421.GIF

Am waiting to find out who's it is and then there will be war. Its so selfish as since they don't use it, why can't they park it in another of the out of the way car parks that are always empty? I'll even let them have my space yelrotflmao.gif

Back to your problem 5, blocking them is a nice move but I hope you didn't do it with the lambo blush.gif

You really need to get onto the people that sold you the space whether its the council or a private estate management co and force them to clear it and provide the means to keep it clear 169144-ok.gif

creativecarpark.co.uk

First one I saw on Google.

The space actually came with the flat. Its a secure parking garage on the ground floor with allocated spaces for all the flats. And the management company are useless. Flats are only a year old and the electric gates (to the garage) been broken about a dozen times. Moreover, even when it was working people could push it open (although thats supposed to be fixed).

The Lambo's actually at my other house. Was away for service/warranty campaigns for a couple of weeks (waiting on part from Italy) and so had them drop it back there as theres always someone at home.

This is what you want:

Automatic Bollard Linky

You may have seen them featured on 5th gear (or similar) being tested for use against terrorism, they drove a dirty great truck into one at speed! And it still worked afterwards!

A British company too! Started by a guy who had his car stolen from his driveway and was so incensed he decided to invent something for himself, and took off from there. True success story. 169144-ok.gif

Failing that, just paddlock the bloody thing!

Problem is i'm in the middle of a big project. Working with people out in Aus and NA. So i'm on an odd timezone, as you can probably tell from my post timestamps.

I'm rarely up 9-5 to chase the management company. Not that the other residents have had much luck. The main reason I took the flat was for the secure parking. Plenty of others I could have had for less otherwise. And its turned out to be a pain.

Ideally I want to find a local clamping/towing firm that I can call and say someones in my space (obviously after sticking up the appropriate signs). Then they can come and clamp/tow the f*cker. Getting it done for the whole building will be a pain since there are 40-50 flats. Probably will have moved by the time the snails pace tennancy board sorts that out.

Not so glamorous for me... I was up letting the dog out again as he is sufferring digestive problems at the moment mad.gif

I guess I must have done something really evil in a previous life! shocked.gif

One thing I would say though, if they are allocated spaces, you may want to be careful as someone may take umbridge against yourself. Especially valid if you own a special car.

It is probably another resident who has let a friend use there own space whilst they use yours as 'he's normally away anyway' SPericani2.gif

I don't know a great deal about clamping, other than there has to be adequate signage, but could you not do the clamping yourself? coffee.gif Assuming no-one else is allowed to park there, it's yours to do with as you please?

Surely that would be better than paying some cowboy outfit/heavies to do it? Plus you get the release fee wink.gif

There was a case in Keswick, where a local hotel / B&B owner came home to find someone parked in his car park. He knew it wasn't a resident 'cos the place was closed for the winter. So he parked his car across the entrance to the car park, secured it, and went to bed. Next day the owner of said vehicle came looking for him and told him to move so he could get his car out. If he'd asked nicely, maybe he would've got his request, but he apparently was very abrasive towards the owner who promptly decided that he didn't need to move his car until the hotel opened next year!

5 months later, the argument had involved the police who at first came to ask if he would please move to allow the trespasser off. "No. Car is untaxed officer, (cashed it in as it wasn't going anywhere for the winter, see) so I can't move it as it would mean breaking the law and driving on the road." Police then agreed that there was nothing further they could do.

Solicitors letter from trespasser to hotel owner got no further than "My property, my car, my decision. No!"

Comes to the start of the season and hotel owner taxes his car, moves it, and laddo gets his car back.

If he'd been nice about it, it probably wouldn't have gone on for so long, but there you go. How long are you planning on keeping him blocked in? grin.gif

You could go into self clamping but again you need to have clearly displayed signage to the effect that someone does park in the space they will be clamped.

We have the same problem at our place and the Directors of the Building have employed a wheel clamping company for all the secure spaces as we have visitors spaces out the front of the building as well.

I had a knackered Mondeo in my space for over two weeks with a flat tyre and for sale sign in it, so one night after a jolly with the lads from the local rugby club we came back, knocked the CCTV off temporarily and lifted the car out of the space and dumped it on the main road; called the police and they shifted it as it was on double yellows. the_finger.gif

I do not of course advocate this type of behaviour but this was resorted to when I had actually found out whose car it was and it was the boyfriend of a girl who lived in building and didn't even live there! They also wouldn't answer the door when repeatedly contacted by mail as well, so that was the lads' solution to the problem.

[ QUOTE ]

At the flat there's a secure parking garage. The gate is useless though. Broke every now and then. But this last month its mostly been broken throughout. Lasts abt 1 day then packs up again.

Anyway the car park has allocated parking. But T*ssers insist on coming in and parking illegaly. With the gate broken its got even worse recently. Before it would only happened when idiots would let their guests do it. Or at one time you could push the bloody gate open (apparently fixed that now).

So my question is what can I do about. Emailed a clamping company to see if they'll provide a free towing service. But can I just tie a rope to it and drag it out?

Its really f****** annoying. I pay a hell of alot to live here and have a private parking space. And w*****s just take advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd get a key operated "post-lock" you'll have to dig a hole to install it, but you can lock it in the upright position when you go so people can't nick your space.

I wouldn't go down the clamping route, one day you might have visitors who could also get clamped? smashfreakB.gif You'll probably need the say-so of all the other residents also ? ROLLEY~14.GIF

The posts are £70 169144-ok.gifFrom these guys

post-134-137914333144_thumb.jpg

Couldn't you have your own clamping sign made up solely for your spot?

Fix it to the wall at eye level so you couldn't miss it when driving in to your spot, and make sure it says the clamping only refers to this carparking bay...£100 release fee, jobs a good un!!

This happened when I used to live in Brixton. The flat I had there had an allocated parking space, but anyone would park in it.

I enquired one day as to whether or not the flats had a management company who would deal with communcal cleaning and all that crap, and eventually found out that a company was set up (by residents) to manage the site. They even had a print out of each flat and an illustrated plan of the the site with parking allocations.

So....had a word with the management company and they sorted it out. They were less tolerant than I was. Only down side to this is that it caused a lot of ill feeling between me and other ppl, and these 4rseholes never even lived on site.

Still....it solved the parking issue.