[Audi A3/S3] Black line on DIS - opinions?

LeadFoot

DIS.jpg

Noticed this black line on my DIS earlier on in the week. Hardly a major catastrophe I know but you know what it's like....it's starting to get on my nerves! mad.gif

Think of it as the visual equivalent of that annoying faint little rattle that you just can't quite seem to locate! smashfreakB.gif

What do you reckon folks? What do you think has caused it? Have you seen anything like this before? Is it likely to get worse? Should I pay a visit to the dealer with my warranty book firmly clasped in my hand....or should I stop being so pathetic and get a life? grin.gif

They are all like that - it's apparently because the DIS is made up of 2 separate screens, top on is multi colour and the lower one is red only.

Thing is it's one of those things that has always been there but you only notice it in certain circumstances. Once you have noticed it, it really can get on your nerves.

Thanks for all the the responses...much appreciated! beerchug.gif

Stopped off at the dealers while I was out and about today and although it was only a salesman I spoke to he suggested I book it in during the week anyway so the service department can have a closer look at.

He was even kind enough to check his own A3 while I was there and that definitely didn't have the same black line on the DIS. confused.gif

Very odd indeed. Two people so far with the same black line as mine (cheers OutLore and d3fy)....anyone else out there, either with or without?

Well, once again, thanks for all the help! 169144-ok.gif

Not only have I found out that the "black line" is nothing to worry about but all this fiddling about with the DIS has encouraged me to actually work out what all the functions are and, furthermore, what all the little symbols and figures mean!

Is there some sort of exam I should now take? grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Did the salesman have the radio on when he checked his? If not then there should be nothing in the "warning" area at the top, and the line is not visible.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest I can't remember mate. Would certainly explain why he couldn't see it though! 169144-ok.gif

Apologies to all those of you who have now noticed this on your own cars........solely down to me being a tart! slap.gif