Obtaining blue xenon effect on normal passat

kent

[ QUOTE ]

Go on the powerbulbs website.

As said though you may well end up reducing the output.

Your money would be better spent on some silver vision or the new diode indicator bulbs. Makes more difference to the look of the front of the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the help. Could you tell me what these are and where to look for them. I am sorry for being such a pain but i also cannot find the tyre pressure sticker on the petrol tank lid and on the door. I think it has been removed. Could you also tell me the tyre pressure i should be using.

Thanks again

I'll double check the tyre pressures for you tomorrow, but I think its something like 24 front, 26 rear. However its more like 26 front and 30 rear when loaded up.

I put Osram Diadem PY21W in my front indicators. They get rid of the orange and in certain light you get a rainbow effect.

tyre pressure should be on a sticker on the inside of the petrol cap for quick reference.

Also, buying brighter or odd coloured lights is often ilegal. They are often sold with the "For show use only" disclaimer becuase they are dangerous when shining in drivers eyes. I believe proper xenons have to autolevel so that they don't dazzle other drivers.

Neither could I - so as compo for my useless spoutings, I did some research...

Apparently there are four wheel/tyre sizes specced on this model 195/65 R15, 205/60 R15, 205/55 R16, 225/45 R17.

Luckily, all four have common requirements for the tyre pressures, and they are as follows...

Half Load

Front 2.4, Rear 2.2

Full Load

Front 2.6, Rear 3.2

The 3.2 sounds a bit high to me, but then I'm no tyre expert - it works out to 46psi confused.gif

Check you pressures here, you'll need to scroll down to the bit that says pressure!

Conversion Tool

I have a huge, 16 page Word document with all manner of VW Passat tyre pressures in it, apart from MINE!! Would you credit it, but then I have the little sticker on my fuel flap, that I have now rather sadly taken a picture of, printed and stuck in the manual!

Hope this helps 169144-ok.gif