[Audi A3/S3] NEED URGENT HELP - FAULTY INDICATORS

harj

Posted this in the technical forum also but so far no responce.

My indicators only flash once, sometimes no even that!! The hazrds are working fine but this is really strange! confused.gif

What could it be? Could i sort it myself?

Really need advice on this guys as my MOT is due tommorrow!

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think that i'd be able to get them out to fix it as it is a major road hazard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think so, perhaps you could get them out anyway and just pay for it? Don't know if that's possible.

Why don't you call your local dealership and explain your situation, they might be able to fix your car today, failing that, I'm sure you could get the part off them today and get a private garage to fit it today?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think that i'd be able to get them out to fix it as it is a major road hazard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think so, perhaps you could get them out anyway and just pay for it? Don't know if that's possible.

Why don't you call your local dealership and explain your situation, they might be able to fix your car today, failing that, I'm sure you could get the part off them today and get a private garage to fit it today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool , i'll give it a try 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Mills, were you the guy that bought an A3 of someone that had about 4 to sell. I remember ages ago seeing a shot of 4 brand spanking new Avus S3's on someones drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not me - mine is an official UK car, not an import.

Someone on here bought one though, I think it's for sale in a dealership down South somewhere - I think they ended up being registered as 54 plates!

[ QUOTE ]

Mills, were you the guy that bought an A3 of someone that had about 4 to sell. I remember ages ago seeing a shot of 4 brand spanking new Avus S3's on someones drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were all S3's

and they were brought in to the UK by a mate, Colin_M

[ QUOTE ]

I had this a year or so ago...

Exactly the same symptoms.

It turned out it was the hazard light switch that had gone.

Mine was out of warranty and it cost £65.44 to supply and fit a new switch at Audi Chelmsford.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew! not gonna cost me an arm and a leg then.

Cheers mate 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I had this a year or so ago...

Exactly the same symptoms.

It turned out it was the hazard light switch that had gone.

Mine was out of warranty and it cost £65.44 to supply and fit a new switch at Audi Chelmsford.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew! not gonna cost me an arm and a leg then.

Cheers mate 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorted it yesterday - part cost me £30 and Audi said they'd charge me £93 to fit the new hazard relay FIREdevil.gif

Told them where to go the_finger.gif and had a local mechanic fit it for £15!!!!!

Seriously though...£93 for a 15 minute job is just ridiculous. sportifs2.gif and the service stinks at West London Audi