Ordered one ... any thoughts on the spec?

RCUK

Yep

Finally got round to ordering my car yesterday from Croydon VW.

So far ive gone for:

Candy White jump.gif

Anthracite cloth

18's

Armrest

Highline comp

parking sensors.

£20,865

Still toying with the idea of the Winter pack.

Drove the DSG but just didnt feel right to me - prefer controlling the gears myself.

Just wish VW would announce a few more options so i could have them added asap!

Also decided to go for the full maintenance package - £27 a month just so i know im covered for pretty much everything for the next 3 years. 169144-ok.gif

12 weeks to go... damn.

Nice one cool.gif169144-ok.gif

I know what you mean about the DSG. Some people rave about it but having driven both a DSG TT and GTI I could not get my head round not having to "stir the porridge" when changing gears.

Horses for courses though and I can understand why some people heart.gif it smile.gif

yeah sure ... its set at 6000miles per annum, 7000 miles was an extra £3 a month which i might go for just in case.

Just had the dealer on the phone offering me their demo car in white with 18's, leather, sunroof, cd changer + armrest for £21900. 5,500 miles on the clock and 5 months old.

Think id still rather go new then own a car that someone like me has thrashed from cold.

Getting my car early next year hopefully. Still trying to toy with the Maint Package. If I'm on the 3 year plan (personal payment plan, lump sum at end etc) and have long servicing in place, am I really going to my moneys worth? The dealer told me that tyres are only covered on a wear only basis, and all four have to be of even wear to get replaced, so I'm not sure its worth it?

Anyone got any experience of the package and used it yet?

Cheers!

So you guys reckon that the maintanence packaage isnt worth it then?

Maybe ill just do the maintenance thing but without the tyres. My dealer didnt say anything about even wear - is that even possible on a front wheel drive car where the fronts are going to go far more quickly then the rears. Going to have to check on that.

Hmm - not sure now - i might well wait and see how its going as you can take the package anytime within the first year/10k.

And i only do about 6k a year.

Reason im thinking again is that with the integra i do a set every 2 years and that's with a lot more power going through the front wheels.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I wish I had gone for the Winter pack but I ordered in Summer!

[/ QUOTE ]

May i ask why? For the heated seats ?

[/ QUOTE ]

....No, I definitely don't like the idea of heated seats but more for the heated washers. I've got heated exterior mirrors and they work extremely well and quickly.

You're up late!!!

I fancied the leather - and that was the way the came. So that was that.

I won't use the heated seat function though Sara does. The air con cools the car pretty quickly but it does get a bit sticky with the leather rather than the cloth. My previous cars had been cloth - which is probaby why I fancied the leather. A black interior is probably not the best for the hot summer but what's done is done and I still think I'm the lucky one. I've had 5 months with my beloved GTI while others are still having to wait months. I'll take the leather and keep smiling I think.

Cheers