Traffic Master Smart Nav

Anyone got any experiences of this? Was thinking of buying an Indago but have been offered the Smart Nav at a rediculously low price complete with the touch screen and 12 months subscription thanks to knowing someone who know's someone that works there!!

Only ever had in car sat nav before so just wondered how easy the whole 'speaking to them experience' is. I know once they have sorted out the routing they bugger off but it would be annoying having to spend five minutes on with them before you were on your way.

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

It's pretty good - and the traffic info is useful too.

My Dad has it and he gets on fine, only drawbacks are that it uses O2 for a phone signal, so if you get to the middle of nowhere OK, it sometimes takes a while to get back from there! Oh, and the subscription.

Apart from that, only the usual sat nav issues, like using local knowledge is sometimes quicker and taking you down small roads if you go off route, that kind of thing.

What happens when you decide to change your route half way there? Or pull down a different road to grab a sandwich? Do they re route you as normal?

I use my Nav all the time, just for finding my daughters friends houses etc.

I would feel silly asking for directions for a 6 mile journey.

Yes I would get the screen. Basically I'd be getting the system (£500), the screen (£200), installation (£175) and a years subscription (£120) for under £200. beerchug.gif

Worth it? I know on the face of it is a fantastic deal but it is only worth going for if the product itself is half decent.