Right, I'm off..........

ian_m

Hmm, well I guess they've sent invitations to prospective buyers (and maybe Smittens interest in a Boxster previously had meant he's on that list, almost certain in fact).

So, would they class current Boxster owners as prospective buyers? Possibly I'd say. I'm surprised you haven't had an invite too Rich, especially as I'd have thought they'd target owners that might be looking to change model after a couple of years of ownership (meaning not those that had bought in the last 12 months say).

Thinking about this, I wonder if many Boxster owners will move to the Coxster?

[ QUOTE ]

I am at Solihull Porsche on Thursday for this. I didnt even get my Boxster through them, but I work with Nick Whale's prospective father in law.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where I got my Boxster from !!

And I would be very interested in looking at one as I'd always set myself 2 years to keep the Boxster. I'll just wind Nick the sales manager up next time I see him.

I went to the Tonbridge launch last night.

A very enjoyable evening it was too. We were directed to a parking compound, which was marshalled and patrolled by Security. Picked up by one of a fleet of a dozen or so 55 plate black Cayennes (including a rather nice Turbo) for the 300 yard trip to the entrance to the showroom.

3 Caymans on show in various trim & spec levels, a fully stocked bar with Champagne, beer, wine and fuit juices for the designated drivers, lovely nibbles and some quality totty on show smile.gif

Had a chance to wander into the workshop as well (so clean I felt like taking my shoes off before I went in) to have a look at a Cayenne, 3x Boxster S's (including one in a very striking yellow) a couple of new Carreras and a very nice soft-top Carrerra 4S. All open and available to be sat in, boot/bonnet opened etc etc.

A short speech by the dealership, followed by another speech and video presentation by a representative of Porsche GB.

As I said, it was a very enjoyable evening and all the staff were exceedingly friendly. A big thumbs-up to Porsche 169144-ok.gif

Apparently, all the liights, music, Cayennes etc get packed up after the evening and moved on to the next venue. So if you are going to one of these this week, try to get a ride in the Cayenne Turbo, driven by a very short, very sweet middle-aged lady with a heavy right foot EEK2.GIF

Sounds like Porsche at their best again. I know I've said it before, but the only place I've ever found better Customer Service than with my local BMW dealer (who yes, I know well so the service is good anyway), is the local Porsche Centre.

The way they handled my enquiry into the 997's was comsumately professional from start to finish. I still have that lovely hard backed 997 C2 book and maybe one day they'll convince me to buy a 911. Maybe.

A top night!

As Pincher said, marshals to meet you at the car park, which is right next to the showroom, we were then greeted by some lovely young ladies (who were obviously hired in, they arent usually there crazy.gif) There was a total of 4 "coxsters" in the showroom, all with varied spec levels, 2 in primer, 1 in Lapis blue and another in Basalt black.

If I hadnt been off to work afterwards I could have been pished beerchug.gif there was champagne, wine and lager, all being regularly topped up! The food was very nice too!

Also in the work shop area was a display of the current Porsche range and a 993 RS smlove2.gif

I quite like the Cayman but feel that the price tag is too near that of the 911, they are both out of reach for me anyway.

Everyone was given a CD rom about the Cayman when we left, havent looked at that yet though!

I took some pics too 169144-ok.gif

613974-Caymanlaunch004%28Medium%29.jpg

613974-Caymanlaunch001%28Medium%29.jpg

613974-Caymanlaunch003%28Medium%29.jpg

613974-Caymanlaunch005%28Medium%29.jpg

post-5759-137914334385_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Porsche at their best again. I know I've said it before, but the only place I've ever found better Customer Service than with my local BMW dealer (who yes, I know well so the service is good anyway), is the local Porsche Centre.

The way they handled my enquiry into the 997's was comsumately professional from start to finish. I still have that lovely hard backed 997 C2 book and maybe one day they'll convince me to buy a 911. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, best in the business, extremely professional. 169144-ok.gif

It probably won't be too long before they do a 'base' Cayman with the 3.2 Boxster S engine. That would be a real test to the Cayman's value. I think I read somehwere else that the Boxster S lapped a track (can't remember which on) quicker than the Cayman S. Comment back from the driver was that the Cayman was too stiff and didn't flow as well as the Boxster. I think Clarkson alleuded to this on Top Gear about the Cayman not being as nice to drive as the Boxster.

Whichever it's viewed, Porsche will sell up to their limits with a healthy order back log, but for me, I think I'd rather buy a loaded up Boxster S than a basic Cayman. But I may change my mind if I see/drive one.

One thing's for sure, currently quite happy with customer service especially now that they only give out Porsche courtesy cars.

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif The only thing that would make me change to a Cayman is if they release a drop-top version tongue.gifjump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true, 'fraid it does nothing for me, BoxsterS yes Cayman no, too ugly at the rear- looks like they didn't quite finish it.....

How long before the engine is available in the Boxster??