Headlight Washing...

RedRobin

Am I correct in thinking that any GTI equipped with Xenons also has a headlight washer system? The problem is that it's very difficult to know if/when your headlights get washed. In really filthy road conditions the lighting is quite adversely effected if the covers are allowed to get dirty.

[ QUOTE ]

....That's not cool! That's inefficient and messy! No wonder Mercedes' reputation has dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. let's not go there, I can feel my blood pressure rising.

It isn't generally known, but headlight washers were introduced due to the implementation of the minimum wage making it uneconomical to employ someone to sit in your boot who dashed out at traffic lights to wipe your headlights.

Bloody Labour party mad.gif

While we are on the subject of headlamp washers. I have never really understood how they work, except the old volvo one with wipers.

My current ones spray washing fluid all over the lights and when travelling at speed it just dries quickly leaving a residue behind leaving them dirtier than before I started. This can't be right can it ?

Mind you the game of trying to activate them and watch what they do without external help didn't help my diagnoses.