French have got your engines

ChadW

True though - french engines are usually the least of problems.

I think it all comes down to the monkeys (frogs Ahem) that install it all. My Saxo was one of the best cars i've ever owned when it came to the driving experience but my god, was it put together badly! The plastics were cheap and brittle for a start and the electrics (what little there was) always played up. Great cars but let down by poor attention to detail. Shame really cos the french do know how to design a nice looking car most of the time and they can show the big names a thing or two when it comes to setting up a suspension too. one day hopefully, they'll get their acts together. Cant see a BMW engine improving things that much im afraid frown.gif

My puegeot was built by Pininfarinna, only chasis and engine were supplied by Peugeot France. (Ok pug and 406 badges too!) so the car is better put together than normal, btw my old A3 was better built but coil packs went, car not usable, my old TT, speedo needle failed to light, car not usable in dark, also TT had other probs. like DV failing and exhaust falling off. My French, neigh Italian car I have had for last 12 months or so has had no probs at all.

So in a sense if Peugeot make their range built the way Pinin did and use BMW engines then that would be one hell of a car, good chasis drive, good looks, nice interior and a solid engine!