Different R32 Wheel Design Spoted

dmg11eng

[ QUOTE ]

Could you fit 17" GTI wheels on the R32?

I guess the 18's would be a straight swap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Need spacers to allow the 17" to fit over the brakes! Why you want to drop to 17" I'm not sure tho.

18" should fit ok, but they why make an R32 look like a GTi.

A damn good set of BBS is what is required! Afterall, you're paying top £££s fot it so slap some good alloys on it 169144-ok.gif

How much money are we talking to fit a set of GTI wheels to the R32 as the standard ones do not float my boat at all?

I am looking to buy either an R32 or a GTI but much prefer the looks of the GTI but I want the performance of the R32. If the R32 looked like the GTI then my mind would be made up confused.gif

Why not buy a gti with 17's or 18's, add a superchip or have professional remap done (240-250bhp for approx £500) add some extras like leather, Xenons, Nav, DSG if it floats your boat) and have a well spec'd car that is faster than an R32 (same power, 200kg lighter !!) betted spec'd, and more economical. The R32 will probably average 23 - 28, the Gti will be between 26 & 35.

I personally just love the look of the GTI over the R32. To me the R32 just looks to understated for what it is.

Bungle

That my whole point, I can spec the GTI upto 25k or get the R32 with DSG only a few hundred pounds in it. Its the V6 engine and the 4 wheel drive that really gets me going. Plus I will be keeping the car between 4 and 5 years and don't want to think 2 years down the line that I wished I had got the R32!

Just going to have to find an R32 demo and make up my mind. I do like the wheels on the car above though.