[Audi A3/S3] Newb

HornetMatt

Allrite everyone, i have just registered on here. Basically to get abit more info on the S3. almost talked meself into one but there are a few things listed here that put me off.

was in 2 minds before but now i really dont know. The money i was thinkin of paying would have really stretched my budget and with spares not being cheap...the s3 could be a no go. frown.gif

Welcome to TSN beerchug.gif

Like any car they won't be cheap, what Audis are but for the performance I think you'll find they aren't silly. A new one is expected next year but prices of the current model are still quite high as it has such a following.

What sort of money are you looking at spending. I don't have one... but plenty of people on here do.

Anyway stick around and have a look around the forum.. if your a petrol head. Welcome home. 169144-ok.gif

Haven't got an S3 but my TT is essentially the same with a dress on.

One of the big reasons I bought mine was the low running costs. 30mpg and servicing every 19k miles (averages £400 a time between big and small services). Tyres cost around the same per year for a new set.

Glitches are all usually electrical and there are good uns and bad uns out there.

Greetings.

Fantastic car, i've had one for 3 years, can't fault it whatsoever. Make sure you get one with FASH!! Mine has done 68000 miles in just over three years, not that you would know it to look at it or drive it. Besides tyres every 12-15000 miles or so and a service every 20,000 miles, there's not much else required. Audi will always sting you for parts & servicing, but there are plenty of independant garages that won't!!

Buy one, you won't regret it!!!